CoachWrestling

Quint Kessenich is incredibly horrible

It's kind of funny when wrestlers clown on Quint a little bit after their matches, but I also feel bad because he easily has the worst job and no one else wants to do it. To his credit, he seems to pay attention to the matches and does his homework on the wrestlers' backstories.

18 minutes ago, pamela said:

It's kind of funny when wrestlers clown on Quint a little bit after their matches, but I also feel bad because he easily has the worst job and no one else wants to do it. To his credit, he seems to pay attention to the matches and does his homework on the wrestlers' backstories.

Agreed.  Quint doesn't bother me at all, and he does get some good replies from the wrestlers-  Kollin Moore's response about Myles Martin in particular.

Edited by TheOhioState

I don’t get the Quint hate every year. For years we screamed for more coverage. We have wall to wall coverage where we can watch every single match,  but there’s so many things we don’t like about the coverage. I just don’t get it. 

I like Quint overall. He has a tough job and IMO wrestlers give just terrible interviews...how many times can we hear 'just wanted to get to my offense...score points...have fun...be grateful....etc' so Quint tries to get some storyline or something going which I appreciate

5 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

I like Quint overall. He has a tough job and IMO wrestlers give just terrible interviews...how many times can we hear 'just wanted to get to my offense...score points...have fun...be grateful....etc' so Quint tries to get some storyline or something going which I appreciate

I think some wrestlers give him boring cookie cutter answers to get him off of their back, which makes me appreciate guys like Yianni, Spencer, Nick, Hall, Hidlay, etc. who put some thought into their responses and take the time to do the interview.

I think Quint has a huge passion for the sport and does a great job, but the idea of interviewing people when they step off after a match is fundamentally flawed.  Plus sports interviews are always incredibly boring anyways; "I worked hard and trusted my coaches.  It's all because of jesus.  I just wanted to score more points.  Etc..."

Quint Kessenich is horrible. He comes across with his monotone voice both cold and disingenuous. To add insult to injury, they just paired him up with some Title 9 fill-in who contributed absolutely zero to the conversation. Come on ESPN, less talk and more wrestling!

Edited by Marcus Cisero

I might be in the minority here. But I like Quint. He has a tough job to do, our wrestlers don’t give the most interesting interviews after stepping off the mat and getting a microphone shoved in their face, but Quint seems to be somewhat knowledgeable on the matches and what happened to swing the match one way or the other.