GreatWhiteNorth

NCAA Session 6 - Championship Finals Thread

The rulebook needs a new picture showing a whizzer and step over as a TD. You no longer need to be under the far arm.

Why would you make a provision for independent mat judges, but not use them for reviews at the premiere event of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McKenna got screwed on that last one.  Probably got away with one in the 2nd period.

The worst call of the match though was the stalling on McKenna with 40 seconds left.  He'd been consistently shooting the whole match and the Cornell refs yelled for stalling and got it.  Immediately after the call McKenna panic dives in deep on a single that Yianni counters enough to get gifted 2.  No way does Yianni finish his own TD there, but because of the stall warning he didn't have to.

1 minute ago, buckeyehomer said:

outside of how bad that match was reffed, I am surprised at some of the stupid things these guys say after. Like really Yianni, he didn't want to wrestle the whole match? How many times did he even get to a leg?

Calm down. They interview these guys after the biggest mement of their life with the crowd yelling, adrenaline pumping, etc. it’s ok to be a little cocky. He obviously respects McKenna 

3 minutes ago, buckeyehomer said:

outside of how bad that match was reffed, I am surprised at some of the stupid things these guys say after. Like really Yianni, he didn't want to wrestle the whole match? How many times did he even get to a leg?

This. What in the world was Yianni talking about? McKenna was way more offensive than he was the entire match. What a dopey interview. And I usually like Cornell guys. 

Edited by goheels1812

Just now, Housebuye said:

Calm down. They interview these guys after the biggest mement of their life with the crowd yelling, adrenaline pumping, etc. it’s ok to be a little cocky. He obviously respects McKenna 

fair point. wish they didn't stick the mic right in their face but i guess its good for the sport.

Just now, Housebuye said:

Eh disagree. Did you listen to Lee’s interview? Was much better than Yiannis.

Just now, lost said:

Some close calls in this one, damn... I definitely didn't think the yianni TD in regulation was a td upon further review

Did you hear the refs go over the video? The head official defends why he calls it that way and then says "are you fine with that"? How about we forget what you were thinking and call it according to the rules. That is the dumbest way to review these. Just call what you see on the video without any bias.

Okay Yianni, McKenna wasn’t conditioned to go the whole match........ despite getting in deep on a number of shots.  Congrats to yianni the though, he has great hips. That transition to get that 2 disputed or not was impressive. 

Just now, goheels1812 said:

This. What in the world was Yianni talking about? McKenna was way more offensive that’s he was the entire match. What a dopey interview. And I usually like Cornell guys. 

YD didn't say he was more offensive. He said he was in better shape and willing to go the whole match. YD said it so it is the word.