GreatWhiteNorth

NCAA Session 6 - Championship Finals Thread

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Re:  the shoulders being past 45 degrees, no they weren't, but they rarely are.  The refs basically call backpoints if you're past 75 degrees or so, and they have as long as I can remember.

100% correct. However, the guys at Flo got ahold of some paperwork giving the referees of the tournament points of interest. One of the points was nearfall has to break 45 not 60 not 90 and they still do it. It's the same with pins. They call them basically as soon as the guy's shoulders are still on the mat. But you're right Vak, it is what it is.

Just now, BigTimeFan said:

Berger seems reasonable to me in the interviewers. How about Bo’s douchy tweet? Vs Joseph’s “so corny”?

Berger celebrates a lot, which I love in general, but it's for things that are so mundane.  Like he beat Kaleb Young in OT during the dual and acted like he had pinned him.  He flexes on everyone.  It's all stuff I love, I just....I dunno.  I don't like him.  But look, I'm always here for unearned confidence.

I mean, he went up to Nolf after getting majored at B1Gs and said "one more".

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

Lee's obviously very good.  I think he may actually be better in neutral than a year ago.  Every opponent he faced was determined to not give him the wrist on bottom, but he decisively beat Picc and Mueller without a turn, or even using the wrist to ride.  The field adjusted to what he did great, and he readjusted. 

I think he's obviously healthy compared to 2 months ago, but I think he's also more diverse than a year ago.

I was happy that Picc at least kept it respectable and kept a chance at victory alive until late in the match, when Lee got that 5 point score.

All the props in the world to Lee. He clearly had gas tank issues this season for some reason or another, but managed to pull it off at NCAAs again. Kid is a stud.

Put up or shut up time for Berger. I'm a diehard Sker fan, but this is a tall order. Although Berger has that crazy look in his eye.. have a feeling he will either win or get DQ'd in a brawl by the end of this.

Just now, Giovanni said:

Put up or shut up time for Berger. I'm a diehard Sker fan, but this is a tall order. Although Berger has that crazy look in his eye.. have a feeling he will either win or get DQ'd in a brawl by the end of this.

Nolf hates Berger.  It might get ugly

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Berger celebrates a lot, which I love in general, but it's for things that are so mundane.  Like he beat Kaleb Young in OT during the dual and acted like he had pinned him.  He flexes on everyone.  It's all stuff I love, I just....I dunno.  I don't like him.  But look, I'm always here for unearned confidence.

I mean, he went up to Nolf after getting majored at B1Gs and said "one more".

All fair points. By the way, that’s how I felt about Hall’s semifinal orgasm.