GreatWhiteNorth

NCAA Session 6 - Championship Finals Thread

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

Suriano deserves the win and it would have been disgusting for Fix to win on a penalty point. 

But headgear grabs don't get anymore blatant.  I think the ref just wanted the guy who did a wrestling move to win.  

Haven't been able to watch it. Did they throw the challenge brick? Did the officials look at it and still didn't call it? I'm glad Suriano won but sounds like everybody's getting tired of these two doing absolutely nothing.

100% correct. However, the guys at Flo got ahold of some paperwork giving the referees of the tournament points of interest. One of the points was nearfall has to break 45 not 60 not 90 and they still do it. It's the same with pins. They call them basically as soon as the guy's shoulders are still on the mat. But you're right Vak, it is what it is.

Yeah... OK... and are they also going to call a fall after 1 second as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, ConnorsDad said:

Haven't been able to watch it. Did they throw the challenge brick? Did the officials look at it and still didn't call it? I'm glad Suriano won but sounds like everybody's getting tired of these two doing absolutely nothing.

Let's just say Fix might be sporting a Cael Sanderson haircut next season...

Maybe Nolf didn't go hard in the last 2 periods because he wanted to be rested and composed for the post match interview.  That's the most collected I can imagine a guy immediately after winning a title.  It sounded like a guy in a cubicle talking about a purchasing order on a Tuesday in January.

Just now, stp said:

Competitive matches are more fun.  If you'll miss Nolf and Nickal, you have Youtube.  

Good riddance from an Ohio State fan.   lol

Just wait till Aaron Brooks and Michael Beard show up