GreatWhiteNorth

NCAA Session 6 - Championship Finals Thread

Cassar is the better wrestler.  

Neither guy had been there before.  White wrestled like he'd never been there.  Even last night White did nothing against Wood.  Cassar on the other hand wrestled like he'd been there even though he hadn't.  He had a plan and executed it last night against Steveson, and he went early tonight against White.  Well coached and talented wrestler who shined the brighter the lights got. 

I'm still happy for White.  Couldn't crack Nebraska's lineup so he transferred home where he couldn't crack OSU's lineup and sat a year behind Weigel.  Then he goes up and has a very good 2 years at Heavy and makes the finals.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Re:  the shoulders being past 45 degrees, no they weren't, but they rarely are.  The refs basically call backpoints if you're past 75 degrees or so, and they have as long as I can remember.

The officials emphasized the 45 degree rule prior to the tournament, too. 

Just now, russelscout said:

If this proves anything other than that Cassar is very talented, if you have a 97 lber consider the bulk job.

If they have the right frame and are extremely fast and athletic, sure. I don't think Kollin Moore or even Bo Nickal do very well bulking to HW. Impressive performance by Cassar.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

If this proves anything other than that Cassar is very talented, if you have a 97 lber consider the bulk job.

There are gonna be certain 197s where that makes complete sense.  Others, not so much.