GreatWhiteNorth

NCAA Session 6 - Championship Finals Thread

Lewis might be the most no-doubt champ we've had so far?  Zero controversy in any of his wins, no video reviews, beats the #1 and #4 guys to make the finals then blows the returning champ out of the water.

9 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Clear but as an OSU and USA fan I'd rather Fix lose for an effort and gameplan like that.  He tried to lawyer a win multiple times and then quit wrestling to declare his headgear had been grabbed.  He needs to wake up and try to score his own points or he'll forever be in ridiculous matches like that.  

Suriano on the other hand wrestled through every one of the strange positions until he scored a TD.  He was the better and more deserving wrestler. 

does anyone really remember how hall got to the finals...or that he got to the finals.

i wasn't aware that fix was making motions... that was smith playing demi moore, not fix

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

We need a video review booth with a couple giant TV's that double checks the on-mat ref's questionable calls - and does it quickly.

What we have now just doesn't work.

Geez. Point taken. I mean there’s not a lot else his fingers be doing 

4 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

I thought Joseph had strong hips but Lewis his like shooting into a wall. He's only going to get better.

I wrote this in another thread earlier today. Lewis is the real deal!

—————————

Lewis is exceptionally athletic...great movement and reaction time. 

He’s got great hips and he throws them fast and hard.

I think his style can be a problem for Cenzo. 

I’m picking Lewis to win by 4 points. 

1 minute ago, BigTimeFan said:

Compared to some of the other super frosh he hasn’t had that bred since birth wrestling existence (am I fight?) and so I think has a much higher ceiling than some of the other guys.

But he's very advanced technically.  Wonderful mat wrestling and super well rounded and beat Joseph in all positions.  

1 minute ago, GockeS said:

does anyone really remember how hall got to the finals...or that he got to the finals.

i wasn't aware that fix was making motions... that was smith playing demi moore, not fix

Is that A Few Good Men reference?