Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Wife’s opinion on...

The review process. She asked why would someone who made the call be the one making the review. She noted that, more than likely, you wouldn’t change your mind because then you look like an idiot.

You have permission to keep her.  She seems to have sound logic and is actually watching the finals.  Though I think the assistant ref also can give input so there is at least a sounding board before the final call. 

Edited by MadMardigain

32 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

The review process. She asked why would someone who made the call be the one making the review. She noted that, more than likely, you wouldn’t change your mind because then you look like an idiot.

Your wife sounds like a liberal.  

2 minutes ago, whyme25 said:

IMO the review is not helping the sport. Something exciting finally happens and out comes the brick, sit around and wait for 5 minutes then start it all over again.

Agreed! They should have one minute and then make the call for better or worse. Of course, I would get rid of video review altogether.

If it's not going to significantly improve the percentage of calls they get right then get rid of it, because even when it's right it ruins the match with the break.  

And right now it clearly isn't a big help in getting things right.

Football and Baseball don't even mess around with judgement calls on review.  They don't review stuff like balls and strikes or whether it was holding.  But wrestling is ALL judgement calls.  So let guys get it right or not in real time.  Sending a guy over to a table to pretend to consider whether he was right to only waste time and break up the match is absurd and clearly hurts the sport.

15 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

Was expecting an Anthony Cassar thread.  Disappointed. 

Oh I heard about that. “Remember when you looked similar to that? Yeah me neither!”

Edited by HokieHWT

3 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Are you drunk? That's a couple pretty gross comments. Taking that Jordan loss pretty hard?

Yes, I am.  It's totally sarcasm.  I'll stop trolling.

6 minutes ago, stp said:

Yes, I am.  It's totally sarcasm.  I'll stop trolling.

Calling someone's mother ugly isn't sarcasm or trolling. It's just being sh!tty.

Edited by qc8223