ExBSUfan

I really enjoyed the “Joseph will be a 4 timer” era

I'll be really interested to see if he bounces back. He seemed to lack the fire a bit this year compared to his sophomore year when he was a total stud. 

Maybe, just maybe, Carl is burning his guys out with folkstyle. Where was Joseph, Hall, Zain, or Bo at the US Open?

They basically skipped a year because they have the greatest room in the world and really are just better than everyone else.

Too bad they didn't tell Lewis he wasting his time winning a Junior World Gold Medal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Junior year is a tough one to get for a lot of all time greats.

No doubt. Ed Banach, Tim Krieger, Terry Brands, Kerry McCoy, Lincoln McIlravy, Brent Metcalf, David Taylor, etc. can he do like all these guys and get another title as a senior?

5 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

No doubt. Ed Banach, Tim Krieger, Terry Brands, Kerry McCoy, Lincoln McIlravy, Brent Metcalf, David Taylor, etc. can he do like all these guys and get another title as a senior?

Going to be tough at 165. This remains a bear of a weight.

2 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

Anything can happen, but how the hell is he going to beat Mekhi? Cenzo threw everything he had at him and Mekhi smacked everything down with shocking conviction. It was incredibly dominant and unbelievable at the same time. Maybe Cenzo gets lucky and someone (Marinelli?) takes Mekhi out for him, but if they meet in the finals next year, I don't see what Cenzo's game plan is going to be.

7 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Anything can happen, but how the hell is he going to beat Mekhi? Cenzo threw everything he had at him and Mekhi smacked everything down with shocking conviction. It was incredibly dominant and unbelievable at the same time. Maybe Cenzo gets lucky and someone (Marinelli?) takes Mekhi out for him, but if they meet in the finals next year, I don't see what Cenzo's game plan is going to be.

It still remains to be seen whether Mekhi has developed through the season into an unstoppable force, or if he had one of those miraculous tournament runs. History tells us that freshman champs usually hit some bumps in the road. As fun as he is to watch, I'm hoping he doesn't.

7 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

A good start would be to never get cradled from the bottom position like he did. That was shocking to see a 2x champion have that cradle slapped on him there. Cenzo is no better than anyone else when he has to overcome a major deficit against a top notch wrestler. Everyone looks bad in that situation. So don't get down by 4-0 or 6-0(M<arinelli Loss) because you can't come back from such a big hole against wrestlers that good. 

I say hats off to Joseph. Great wrestler who(usually) brings it when it counts.   

Before 157, they showed some of the PSU reactions to Berger's crazy antics.  All douchey - except Joseph's.  His was was comic genius.

I agree with Plas on the social media point. 

Regardjng Cenzo and 2xer status, well, he had never beaten Marinelli and had never won an Big Ten title so his reign had weak foundations to say the least. The way he lost in Big Tens show some pretty big holes in his game. 

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I say hats off to Joseph. Great wrestler who(usually) brings it when it counts.   

Before 157, they showed some of the PSU reactions to Berger's crazy antics.  All douchey - except Joseph's.  His was was comic genius.

I missed that.  What did he say?

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

It still remains to be seen whether Mekhi has developed through the season into an unstoppable force, or if he had one of those miraculous tournament runs. History tells us that freshman champs usually hit some bumps in the road. As fun as he is to watch, I'm hoping he doesn't.

That’s both fair and accurate. I just didn’t see a threat the whole match. Rather, an unexpectedly brutal matchup for the 2x champ. Maybe that single, for a second or two, but Lewis defended it with ease like he could do it constantly. Lewis is too positionally sound to inside trip. Cenzo is not a great mat wrestler. So what’s left?

Edited by wrestlingnerd

11 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Find video of his losses to Isaiah White (CK), Connor Flynn (dual) and Chance Marsteller (RS year at Scuffle). Review those and his loss in the finals and develop a plan. That sounds like as good a place as any to start.

4 hours ago, Crotalus said:

That’s a good point. From here on out Mekhi will be scouted and gameplanned so we’ll see how he evolves and continues to improve.