Katie

Who gets the Hodge?

Bo. He has the stats to show it and the Hodge is based on a season of dominance not just the finals performance.  If it was close stats wise  Nolf just didn’t show enough in his last two matches to get past Bo in the NCAA test.  Still crazy PSU likely has 3 of top 5 Hodge contenders in terms if stats. 

Edited by MadMardigain

The only four undefeated wrestlers this year were Yianni, Ashnault, Nolf, and Bo. So I can only assume one of those four will win the Hodge.

In this thread at least, Bo seems to be the consensus pick.

Nolf all the way. Better record, more lifetime pins, more bonuses (I think), better quality of competition, created interesting new ways to dominate opponents, didn't troll others on social media (negative sportsmanship points for Bo).

Edited by pamela

Split it between Nolf and Nickal. After the semis I would had said all Nickal. Then Nolf gets bonus in the finals and Nickal doesn’t even try to pin with a cradle locked up. So they both dropped a little in the Hodge race but still way ahead of anyone else 

If I had to pick one, Bo.

Don't know if they could do it, but would be fine with co-Hodge winners. Nolf and Bo, both teammates, both seniors, both 3x'ers, both on national championship teams and both real close with all time pins. (I know, Hodge is for the season not the career, but still.) 

Edited by 2td3nf

Both Bo and Nolf deserve it, but I do think Bo will win it.  It is kind of funny how people are so use to both of them being so dominate that they call a 5 - 1 win over the #2 wrestler in the Nation a lackluster match.  I'm very sad to see these guys graduate, because I don't know if we will see this type of dominance ever again.  Great careers and thanks for the show Bo and Jason!  

Nolf performed even with Bo all season long against vastly superior competition.  He should be the Hodge winner.

The puzzling and upsetting officiating in Friday night's semifinal helped Jason win the match, but cost.him the Hodge.  Although most believe Nolf would have overcome a 2-0 first period deficit, he ultimately won a bout by 1 in which he was gifted 2 points. This will stick in the minds of the voters and maybe rightfully so.

Bo will win the 2019 Hodge.

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

It will be Bo. Despite the lackluster final he still outscored every other wrestler in the tournament plus he was likely most dominant during the year.

What's up with the individual scorers tally on the club's site?  They're showing Nolf as the top scorer and Bo tied for 5th.  That can't be right.

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/tournament_team_score.php?id=22&type=individual

2019 NCAA Championships

Points Per Individual
Jason Nolf (Penn State) 26
Zahid Valencia (Arizona State) 25
Spencer Lee (Iowa) 24.5
Anthony Cassar (Penn State) 24
Bo Nickal (Penn State) 23
Nick Suriano (Rutgers) 23
Edited by HurricaneWrestling2
added a copy and paste of the "top" scorers

Bo or Nolf.  Probably the former, but it'll be close IMO.  Don't see any one else getting it.

Doubtful that they'll split the award.  It'd be like awarding two Heisman trophies.  However, that'd be OK with me since they're teammates.  (And they did  it once before in order to recognize Ackerman along with Cael.)