Sign in to follow this  
pamela

2019 Seniors You'll Miss in College Wrestling

It's weird but part of what I like is the constant influx of new talent. I can't say I'll miss Nolf and Nickal because they did pretty much everything you can do in folkstyle and it's time to move on. If they had another year it'd be kind of boring watching them tear people apart. Neither of them have had an interesting match this year and other than MyMar/Gabe Dean it's been a few years since one of their matches was in doubt.

4 minutes ago, pamela said:

Haha, he's just passionate.

Nolf addressed this in a very complimentary way.  Kudos to both he an Berger.

To be honest, I wont miss Nolf or Nickal.  Too dominant, to where you really weren't excited for their matches.  You mostly knew the outcome.  Even though I love them as wrestlers, they were like the Globetrotters v. the Generals. 

I will miss Alec Pantaleo most of all.  I have watched him wrestle since he was in elementary school.  He is the reason I now follow collegiate wrestling.

I will also miss Malik Amine.  I interviewed Malik for an online sports site as an incoming freshman who will make an immediate impact for his high school team.  I also interviewed Alec for the same reason.

I’ll miss Myles Martin. It was a huge emotional moment seeing him win at MSG and almost equally emotional seeing him lose last night. Thought it would be another great example of getting back to work, fixing mistakes, and coming out on top. Thankfully, this is not the end of his road. 

3 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

I’ll miss Myles Martin. It was a huge emotional moment seeing him win at MSG and almost equally emotional seeing him lose last night. Thought it would be another great example of getting back to work, fixing mistakes, and coming out on top. Thankfully, this is not the end of his road. 

How about... Sam Stoll?

Despite the fact he doesn't seem particularly likable or anything, I will miss Ethan Lizak. His matches were always interesting and I learned from watching him on top and to see someone like him dominate good wrestlers on top without much strength like he nearly always did was interesting to see. He even turned Surriano in this tournament. 

Take away Sam Stall and I'll miss them all. Seriously. They're all fun to watch and bring something to the table in their own ways. 

Was in attendance tonight and got to BS with a first time AA. Given the level I always thought he was on, I told him he should have had 2 more. They all bring something to the table that makes them interesting.  

John Erneste and Daniel Lewis come to mind. Erneste came up just short the past couple seasons at 133 losing in the R16 and R12 and with 133 being historically good this season a lot of people wrote him off. It was fun seeing him put it together this season and knock of Wilson in an epic match (who beat him last season on his unicorn run) to secure his first AA honors and then control RBY. Erneste was always really fun to watch from top and had some epic spladles the last few seasons as well as some great ducks and counters from his feet where he looked dead to rights. Lewis was one of the best pinners I ever had the privilege to watch compete. His near and far side cradle game was special and he got a lot better in neutral as his career progressed. I am happy both of them were Tigers and went out with AA honors. 

Pretty telling about the people who choose to take shots at wrestlers in this thread. The B1G has had a lot of great wrestlers across all teams and it’s awesome to see them compete and put their hearts out on the national stage. I will miss watching all of them, even if I was rooting for them to lose at the time.