Jimmy Cinnabon

Somehow the finals felt like a letdown for Penn State

Cassar dominates, which was a real high

Nolf *only* majors Berger which seemed like only a minor victory

Joseph gets thoroughly dominated by Lewis

Hall loses again to Valencia because he can't generate his own offense from neutral

Nickal *only* beats Moore 5-1, locks up a cradle but just holds it

Feels like PSU lost tonight

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Hall loses again to Valencia because he can't generate his own offense from neutral

No, it really doesn't.

Were you a DNC pollster for the 2016 election?

6 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

No, it really doesn't.

Were you a DNC pollster for the 2016 election?

Fitting that a PSU fan links the corrupt administration in Washington with the wrestling program at PSU.

::in my best Trump voice::: ...I’m not saying they are both corrupt, but people tell me they are both corrupt.  You decide.  

Speaking of the cradle... I'm still wondering why Nickal don't run with it?  Is it because doing so may have been dangerous, and he saw no need to take a risk that late in the match?  Or was it because he had the match won and he didn't want to run up the score and/or pin Moore?  In other words... he was just being a nice guy (?).  Any thoughts?

34 minutes ago, Mr. Peepers said:

Speaking of the cradle... I'm still wondering why Nickal don't run with it?  Is it because doing so may have been dangerous, and he saw no need to take a risk that late in the match?  Or was it because he had the match won and he didn't want to run up the score and/or pin Moore?  In other words... he was just being a nice guy (?).  Any thoughts?

The way Moore had based out, he probably would have needed to roll it through, which would have ran the risk of giving up 2 and 2. Not worth it. Get your win 

2 hours ago, tommygun said:

Fitting that a PSU fan links the corrupt administration in Washington with the wrestling program at PSU.

::in my best Trump voice::: ...I’m not saying they are both corrupt, but people tell me they are both corrupt.  You decide.  

No. It sounded to me link he was linking to incompetent pollsters. But hey, you have a nice day.

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Are you referring to the pollsters which accurately predicted Hillary would win the popular vote by 3 million votes?

I think he is referring to the ones that inaccurately predicted Hillary would win the electoral college votes... you know, the ones that matter.

7 hours ago, Mr. Peepers said:

I think he wasn’t willing to take the risk. Match was won team title clinched why risk the roll through cradle 

4 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Are you referring to the pollsters which accurately predicted Hillary would win the popular vote by 3 million votes?

Ah, the popular vote thing.  I'll tell you what...let's decided each National Champion based on the number of points he scores throughout the tournament, and not the wins.  That way you can tech your way through the first four matches and then not even have to wrestle the final.  

Just now, TheOhioState said:

Ah, the popular vote thing.  I'll tell you what...let's decided each National Champion based on the number of points he scores throughout the tournament, and not the wins.  That way you can tech your way through the first four matches and then not even have to wrestle the final.  

Horrible analogy.  

2 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

He looked up and saw 16 seconds on the clock. He didn't feel like rolling through. He was already up, and the team race was secured. Really, why should he have gone for it? 

I saw that like a football team with a lead just taking a knee in the red zone with only enough time for one more play - yeah, you could take one more shot at the end zone, but why run up the score?  I actually thought Nickal made the classy choice here.

17 minutes ago, tommygun said:

Horrible analogy.  

How so? I thought it was a good one. 

If you get 70% of the popular vote in the twenty most populated states, you win the popular vote. Politicians would have very little concern for states like Delaware, Vermont, and Wyoming. 

44 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Says the low-IQ draft dodging liar in the White House. Yeah, he can be believed......

I thought you guys loved draft dodgers. Who is the last Dem President to serve this country? Probably have to go back 59 years to JFK, but he'd be considered a far right wing racist loon today with all that "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For Your Country" Patriotism stuff. 

21 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

He looked up and saw 16 seconds on the clock. He didn't feel like rolling through. He was already up, and the team race was secured. Really, why should he have gone for it? 

Totally agree. And why embarrass the kid again when it wasn't necessary.

33 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought you guys loved draft dodgers. Who is the last Dem President to serve this country? Probably have to go back 59 years to JFK, but he'd be considered a far right wing racist loon today with all that "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For Your Country" Patriotism stuff. 

Jimmy Carter spent 7 years in the US Navy. Was a Lieutenant in submarine service.

He spends his time since leaving office actually helping people, not giving speeches and fleecing folks. He actually pounds nails building homes for Habitat for Humanity - not just showing up for a photograph.

11 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

"Cassar dominates, which was a real high." He sure did. His herculean effort to gain the weight, increase his strength then beat the best of the best on national TV may even attract a writer for a movie.

"Nolf *only* majors Berger which seemed like only a minor victory." Nolf not *only* majored Berger, he did it with humility and respect for his opponent.There may never be another class act like Nolf.

"Joseph gets thoroughly dominated by Lewis." Cenzo wasn’t Cenzo so he deserved to lose. Many predicted it. He also happened to meet Mekhi Lewis with skill and confidence and hips like no other.

"Hall loses again to Valencia because he can't generate his own offense from neutral." Based on Halls tentative wrestling style, at this event and throughoput the year, he too deserved to lose.  Valencia came to wrestle, and he came to win.He did both.

"Nickal *only* beats Moore 5-1, locks up a cradle but just holds it." Only” beats Moore? He beat an awesome wrestler (who he already pinned) and won not only his 3rd NCAA title, but probably the Hodge too. 

"Feels like PSU lost tonight". Feels like PSU won – no, scratch that, they not only won the team race, they did so before any of their 5 finalists made it to the finals.  “Feels” like the making of a dynasty to me.

I'll take it one step further - One could easily argue no sports team -- professional or otherwise -- has been as dominant as Penn State wrestling in the past decade. Not Alabama football. Not Connecticut women's basketball. Not the Golden State Warriors. Not even the New England Patriots. 

Edited by Marcus Cisero

As for how Penn State wrestled in the finals?

I agree, it did not look like they were wrestling to make a statement. All year long they did so and in the finals they took their foot off the gas pedal.

Cassar went for it, big time.

The rest did not do so.

Nolf and Nickal - after watching them pound the opposition for so long I expected that. Did not see it. Does not mean they don't deserve the win but it was flat as a week old glass of soda pop. Joseph and Hall, frustrating to see how they ended. The urgency did not seem to be there. Joseph's opponent is a big talent, remains to see if he peaked and now comes back to earth. I expect Cael & Co will have him better prepared next time to wrestle his match rather than react. Hall, well - he and Valencia will probably meet again in the finals next year. Maybe he will win so they are 2-2 for titles?

Yes, the Title was assured before the finals. Still felt somewhat flat after Cassar.