SamStall365247

Cassar’s Lip Tattoo

5 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

Careful you'll be drummed out of the corps with a comment like that.  Wrestlers don't take steroids.

LOL

I have 0 evidence Cassar does and I absolutely am not claiming that, but I promise you plenty of wrestlers take steroids. I know plenty that did after going into MMA (personally, I worked in the MMA industry for awhile).There is little doubt that for many of them this started in college or before. Even in high school it happens. 

53 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I thought they said during the broadcast that he gained 50 pounds over some period of time?

commentators clueless.   That would have him coming from 178.  I did the math. 

Edited by LemonPie

23 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I thought they said during the broadcast that he gained 50 pounds over some period of time?

So a guy who had to cut weight to make 97, ate 7000 calories/day since the conclusion of the 2018 season and routinely weighed in at ~230 for the 2019 season gained 50 lbs? LOL Math does not add up.  Some of those wrestling announcers may be in some HOF. But that does not mean they do not suffer from diarrhea of the mouth.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How did Derek White go from 197 to 275 so quickly?  Guy was a bank safe

good question

he was listed as a rsjr 197 on 2018 roster but might already have been bulking up...

but i just went to track and every match he wrestled last year was at 285

the year before he wrestled at 197, except the last two matches of his season

Edited by GockeS

4 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

I can't think of a single case of a college wrestler failing a test for roids. Anyone got any info?

In my 20 years running the computers I specifically remember being told to eliminate points after the event for 1 kid and I'm pretty sure there was a second. 

I doesn't happen much.

3 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

In my 20 years running the computers I specifically remember being told to eliminate points after the event for 1 kid and I'm pretty sure there was a second. 

I doesn't happen much.

can you answer my questions about testing?

random? 

how often?

just after ncaa's?

You got a screenshot OP?  I just tried to do the same but my tv must not be good enough because I couldn’t make it out.

Even if he did do PED’s which I kinda doubt why in the world would he get a tattoo that says so and even worse show it on national tv?  Makes no sense.    

Just now, 1032004 said:

You got a screenshot OP?  I just tried to do the same but my tv must not be good enough because I couldn’t make it out.

Even if he did do PED’s which I kinda doubt why in the world would he get a tattoo that says so and even worse show it on national tv?  Makes no sense.    

Um, I think it was a joke. 

Just now, GockeS said:

can you answer my questions about testing?

random? 

how often?

just after ncaa's?

The schools get tested during the season. Not sure how often.

There were a couple of different scenarios during the event. 

I believe initially (for me I started in 1987) they did the placewinners and a couple of randomly selected individuals. They cut way back at some point. The way it was described to me as to why was that you can't get blood from a stone.

I honestly don't think the NCAA cares about steroids - not sure I do either.  I had a friend/teammate that was juiced out of his mind and subjected to a drug test.. he wore a hooded sweatshirt with a douche bag full of clean urine attached to his arm and passed with flying colors!

6 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

Both of those guys put on tremendous muscle mass over the last few years.  

It does make you wonder how prevalent it is in wrestling?  I know it's quite common in college football and it goes widely undetected. 

All roid finals. Anyone who thinks White and Cassar aren't walking medicine cabinets is stupid or just a homer.