Sign in to follow this  
Broomstick

Who is moving up next year?

On 3/24/2019 at 8:17 AM, Housebuye said:

I think we see some 84s move up to 97. It will be a weak class again, plus it loses Bo (but gains Konel and Darmstadt plus the legendary Tanner Smith)

Add Holschlag to your list of 2018 AAs that should be back in 2020 - Plus 184 has cleared out in a big way - only Dean and Geer return as AAs - I do expect that Zahid will move up.

21 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

I don't think Zahid redshirts next year. He goes to 184 where he will I think be able to win another NCAA title.  184 this year was pretty good but who returns next year? Nobody he can't beat.  Plus he already redshirted so I don't see him taking an Olympic redshirt honestly.  The Devil's lineup at least the uppers will look like this probably...

49: Teemer

57: Maruca

65: Shields

74: A. Valencia

84: Z. Valencia

97: Norfleet

285: Hall

That's a pretty damn good lineup.  If Busiello and Chlebove can step in and compete right away at 25 and 33, that is a solid lineup.  

Teemers going 157, Busiello will never see 125 going forward he wasn’t even that comfortable wrestling 132 which was why he wrestled 138 the rest of the season

I don't think Zahid redshirts next year. He goes to 184 where he will I think be able to win another NCAA title.  184 this year was pretty good but who returns next year? Nobody he can't beat.  Plus he already redshirted so I don't see him taking an Olympic redshirt honestly.  The Devil's lineup at least the uppers will look like this probably...

49: Teemer

57: Maruca

65: Shields

74: A. Valencia

84: Z. Valencia

97: Norfleet

285: Hall

That's a pretty damn good lineup.  If Busiello and Chlebove can step in and compete right away at 25 and 33, that is a solid lineup.  

Neither Busiello or Chlebove will ever make 125.  133 is possible for one year if they don't grow much over the summer.  Both are will end up at 141 or higher.  Courtney will man 125 next year.

I don't think Zahid redshirts next year. He goes to 184 where he will I think be able to win another NCAA title. 

I think Zahid could've won 184 this year weighing in at 174. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he moved up to 184 and I also think he won't redshirt.

That said, he made some comments about looking forward to continuing his rivalry in college. That might've just been competitive talk in the moment, but it made me rethink how sure I was of his move to 184. I still think it's more likely than not, but I felt he'd move up this year too and he didn't.

He's never had a full lineup of true D1 quality wrestlers. We thought it would happen this year, but then all of the injuries and redshirts left us with half a lineup of guys who shouldn't be on the mat in D1. I agree somethings wrong if they don't take a step forward next year. 10th and 12th the past two years with 3 AA's. If a 2-3 more can get into the mix, then that's a potential top 3 finish.

22 hours ago, LemonPie said:

ASU fans say the same thing every year

Zeke can’t get it done

3 minutes ago, westfan said:

He's never had a full lineup of true D1 quality wrestlers. We thought it would happen this year, but then all of the injuries and redshirts left us with half a lineup of guys who shouldn't be on the mat in D1. I agree somethings wrong if they don't take a step forward next year. 10th and 12th the past two years with 3 AA's. If a 2-3 more can get into the mix, then that's a potential top 3 finish.

I agree that doubling the amount of AAs is key to a big improvement in the NCAA finish.  

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Neither Busiello or Chlebove will ever make 125.  133 is possible for one year if they don't grow much over the summer.  Both are will end up at 141 or higher.  Courtney will man 125 next year.

I heard the talk of Chlebove being at 133 next year.  Either way I think they will be a very solid team. It would be nice of Chlebove and Busiello went 33/41 next year because that would fill a hole they have.  Not that Crooks isn't a capable wrestler, just that he wouldn't be competitive at NCAAs if he even made it there.