CoachWrestling

Iowa returns 7 All Americans next year

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I would suggest most people would have those wrestlers ahead of Cassioppi at this point. Tony can change that, but so could have your Iowa lineup this past weekend and it didn't materialize. You had fans over on HR this time last year that had Iowa toppling PSU this year. Of course that was with Kimmer, but that was still totally unrealistic. Add in 14 points for Kimmer to your 76 point total and you still finish 47.5 points behind PSU. Perception and reality are often two different things. 

Sweet man, no one on this board is really saying that though. Why you working so hard to keep Iowa fans in check? 

I think Iowa will be better next year. They only lose Stoll.  They get Kemmerer back from injury, and they have guys capable of getting points.  Could they have all 10 AA next year?  Remember Minnesota won it without a finalist or champion, but they had an AA at every weight.  I could see Iowa doing that next year.  I don't know who is moving on or moving out but at 125 Lee is a sure bet for a high finish.  DeSanto can improve and he seems like he got better from last year, he could maybe make the finals but I think he is a 3rd to 5th place guy.  Murin lost in R12 and I think he showed his talent level so he could get over that hump.  Lugo was 7th and he can wrestle with top guys so he just needs to turn that corner and win those matches, he could be around 5th or maybe up to 3rd.  Marinelli just didn't perform up to his ability but he's another high AA or a finalist.  Kemmerer will definitely AA but it's a question of how high, 74 clears out a little so it's up for grabs, he could make the finals.  Wilcke went to OT with Dean who was in the finals so he is definitely capable of wrestling to an AA finish, maybe 7th.  Warner can improve and finish as high as 3rd to 5th.  Cassioppi could pull through with some points and I see him being right on the edge of being an AA, probably needing to win in the blood round to make it.  I figure that Iowa should score around 123 points at next years tournament.  I hope somebody remembers this post and shows me how wrong or right I am next year. 

13 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Sweet man, no one on this board is really saying that though. Why you working so hard to keep Iowa fans in check? 

Go re read the thread. A post said your team might score 7.5 pts at Heavy. It said precisely that.

Edited by TBar1977

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I don't live in Iowa. Never even flown over it. I live in Florida. We're famous for....other stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

florida man

lol

8 minutes ago, dubs said:

It’s looking unlikely, isn’t that his point? What the hell’s your problem? 

Chill @dubs. I'm trying to gauge to what degree he thinks it's unlikely. Like absolutely no chance or does Cass have a chance to make a considerable improvement from his redshirt years Midland tourney?

Also how is it possible that you are upset with me? Is it because no one is talking to you in this thread? Maybe because it is about Iowa, and you couldn't help but make your entire post about PSU. Maybe because youre just not that interesting. Idk, but dont get on me.

Who in the world is saying that Iowa would have beaten PSU if they had Kem and Cass in the lineup this season?  I for one have been very clear that the Kem injury may have been a blessing in disguise for Iowa, as they are much more likely to challenge for titles the following two seasons.

11 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Murin 2 pts. 

Lugo 5.5 pts

Young is probably maxed out at 12.5 pts

Wilcke 2.5 pts, and he may be maxed out there or close to it. He is just not an elite guy and I don't see that changing.

Warner 7.5 pts and he didn't face one top guy. He lost to an unranked guy and a 15/16th ranked guy. Not elite when the lights are on. 

Marinelli will score more, and Kem will add to the total in a nice way. Lee and DeSanto are about maxed out where they are. 

Not saying he’ll win it, but considering DeSanto beat the guy who won it I think his ceiling is winning it.

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

Is it that outrageous?

Never said it was "outrageous", so that is a red herring. I am just pointing out that saying it and then having it come to fruition are two different things. 

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Who in the world is saying that Iowa would have beaten PSU if they had Kem and Cass in the lineup this season?  I for one have been very clear that the Kem injury may have been a blessing in disguise for Iowa, as they are much more likely to challenge for titles the following two seasons.

People on HR, not everyone but some, said things like this as this time last year. Happens every year. 

People on HR, not everyone but some, said things like this as this time last year. Happens every year. 
Do you think I should make posts about Penn State based on the posts of 21Guns or amalone?

5 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I don't live in Iowa. Never even flown over it. I live in Florida. We're famous for....other stuff.

"A mom ate her children today, filmed it, and streamed it on facebook live, while she snorted bath salts" - Only in florida.

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Do you think I should make posts about Penn State based on the posts of 21Guns or amalone?

Yes you should.

You should also call those Hawkeye fans out when they're being idiots.

Ive called 21guns out many times on this board here. 

3 hours ago, dubs said:

It’s looking unlikely, isn’t that his point? What the hell’s your problem? 

Heavyweight has, does and always will be the weakest weight in the NCAAs. Period. The good athletes play football, so we are left with a bunch of shortish, slowish guys with receding hairlines and huge sweat marks on their ass cracks. To say Cass won't get 7.5 points next year is to deny how dominant he is over fat dough boys. He will easily get 7.5 points next year.  EASILY. He is very good. 

Yes you should.
You should also call those Hawkeye fans out when they're being idiots.
Ive called 21guns out many times on this board here. 
Life's too short to care about that, nor do I judge the fanbase off their worst examples, and it would be silly to do so. The "No Child Left Behind" of posting idealogies.

Go over to HR. You guys think i'm the biggest Iowa homer in the world, over there they think i'm overly negative.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Life's too short to care about that, nor do I judge the fanbase off their worst examples, and it would be silly to do so. The "No Child Left Behind" of posting idealogies.

Go over to HR. You guys think i'm the biggest Iowa homer in the world, over there they think i'm overly negative.

Certainly do not think you're the biggest Iowa homer, but at the end of the day the silly things some of them say does paint the Iowa fanbase just like when stupid PSU fans say over the top things about PSU.

38 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Feel free. I don't care. And I don't think you are anything close to being the biggest Iowa homer. 

Edited by TBar1977

I am just excited to see them with alot of All Americans coming back. Iowa did well at this years NCAAs. the coaching was on point. the team race is going to be fun to watch especially that PSU graduated alot of points in nolf, nickal, cassar. they have alot of holes/points to make up

Well I am not sure what the Penn St, Ohio St, and Okla St., line ups are going to look like next year, so it's anybody's guess how that will impact things.

But I would say that prior to the NCAA's I didn't think Spencer would repeat as champ, with his losses and the rumors flying around about his health, I was very concerned. (I still assumed he would AA, but I kind of thought he would be a 3rd through 5th). And I was not supremely confident that the Hawkeyes in general, would have a very good tournament. However, now that it's been concluded I feel that they ended up doing better than I thought they would. So I guess the point of all of this is that maybe Tom & Terry can get their wrestlers to perform a little better at the NCAA's than they normally would do. Which also may be a factor at next year's NCAA's.