Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyThompsonnum1

Possibility of Gentry Vs Borroughs

How often have two wrestlers that competed in American collegiate wrestling met up with one another at the Olympics?

If Gentry wins his match against India he'll meet Borroughs.

Not sure how many actual matchups but 1984 had several possibilities.

Noel Loban (GBR-Clemson), Joe Atiyeh (SYR-LSU), Orlando Caceres (PUR- Trenton State) come to mind quickly.

How often have two wrestlers that competed in American collegiate wrestling met up with one another at the Olympics?

If Gentry wins his match against India he'll meet Borroughs.

Not sure how many actual matchups but 1984 had several possibilities.

Noel Loban (GBR-Clemson), Joe Atiyeh (SYR-LSU), Orlando Caceres (PUR- Trenton State) come to mind quickly.

I believe Lou Banach defeated Joe Atiyeh in the Gold medal match.

Daniel iglali vs mclravy

Different divisions of American collegiate though

Iglali had macs number a couple of times I think but the biggest was the semis at Sydney

Was Simon Fraser a part of the American collegiate system back when Iglali was there though? I was thinking it wasn't, but it may have been.

What was the final score of the Gentry Vs Borroughs match?

Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't followed one iota of any of the Olympic wrestling (how the hell do you know when to watch, being that it competes with dart throwing and tiddlywinks for t.v. time?).

Is that Matt Gentry from Stanford a few years back, and, if so, who is he wrestling for? I always thought he was a U.S. citizen; Oregon or something Northwest.

Yes it's the Gentry that wrestled for Stanford a few years ago. Not sure where he's originally from but I think one of his parents is from Canada and that's who he's wrestling for. He won Bronze so he did well.

As for times. Here's a link to the schedule. I believe London is 6 hours ahead of EST here in the US.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/wrestling/index.html

Yes it's the Gentry that wrestled for Stanford a few years ago. Not sure where he's originally from but I think one of his parents is from Canada and that's who he's wrestling for. He won Bronze so he did well.

As for times. Here's a link to the schedule. I believe London is 6 hours ahead of EST here in the US.

Thanks. Kind of like Alex Dolly, then, except I think Dolly's grandpa was directly from Ireland, thus somehow making him eligible for the Irish Olympic team in 2008 (not sure if he was there this Olympics).

Five for those of us on the East Coast

Was Simon Fraser a part of the American collegiate system back when Iglali was there though? I was thinking it wasn't, but it may have been

Yes, during Iglali's college career, Simon Fraser competed in the NAIA. I saw him one year when the NAIA and the NCAA D-I tourneys were both held in St. Louis. At the time I didn't know who he was, but remember remarking that he should have been in the other tournament. He completely dominated the NAIA competition.

What was the final score of the Gentry Vs Borroughs match?

2-1, 1-1 (favor of Ernest :P )