TBar1977

Redshirts and Greyshirts Breaking Thru Next Year

26 minutes ago, denger said:

Good question! I don't have any insights there, just a feeling that Jordan's pedigree will make the lineup. Maybe one of those guys will be 184?

Rocky might be a 184, but I suspect Hoffman will be the starter there.  

9 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Agreed, but where's his spot?  Young just finished 5th at 157, and then there's Marinelli at 165.  Marinelli could bump to 174 with Bowman's departure (but he ain't beating Zahid or Hall), and then Young or Brands could go 165, but are they all big enough to bump?

they're gonna have to wrestle off. 

11 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Could Mauller/Leeth make 141?  If so where would that leave Malik (#1 ranked kid out of HS)?  Eierman is probably ORS next season, and both Leeth and Mauller are returning AA's at 149.  Unless they do a mass bump, Jacques to 165, Flynn to 174, Leeth/Mauller to 157, then one of them will have to drop or Mauller will have to RS.

I think Malik gets down to 133, or slots in at 141 for a year..  He was wrestling up to rehab his shoulder and there was no need to cut any weight.  Severado at 125, Mocco will challenge Flynn, Marriott will be back, will he or Wisman bump up? Will Kent breakout at 174? Lots of good problems and questions next year.

I’m a big fan of Quinn kinner because of how tough he is on top. Even though the results weren’t there as a redshirt freshmen, guys who are hammers on top are often a good bet to have an unexpected breakout season since often it just requires improving td defense in neutral. 

5 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

I’m a big fan of Quinn kinner because of how tough he is on top. Even though the results weren’t there as a redshirt freshmen, guys who are hammers on top are often a good bet to have an unexpected breakout season since often it just requires improving td defense in neutral. 

The room says Kinner is solid. He is surrounded by hammers so if he can mentally deal with it, he should be improving dramatically every week. 

I’m excited to see how he does

To the people saying Peyton Micic - 100% agree. Kid is amazing and has an excellent style that will work in college. Sucks that’s he got injured. Assuming he is healthy, I think Jacques either moves up or redshirts. Jacques is solid and will AA at some point, but i think Mocco is a future title contender. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

To the people saying Peyton Micic - 100% agree. Kid is amazing and has an excellent style that will work in college. Sucks that’s he got injured. Assuming he is healthy, I think Jacques either moves up or redshirts. Jacques is solid and will AA at some point, but i think Mocco is a future title contender. 

Would be tough for Jacques to move up as he has to eat everything to keep his weight close to 157. He is at 157 because of Mauller.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:40 AM, TBar1977 said:

Off the top of my head, here are some guys who I think are going to leap into the All American conversation right out of the gate

133 - Joey Silva, Michigan, assuming Micic taking an Oly redshirt

141 - Real Woods, Stanford. Real lost a very hard fought 6-3 battle with Nick Lee at The Southern Scuffle, but he dominated everyone else. He is legit as can be. 

149 - Sammy Sasso, Ohio State. Top 5 from day 1. Brayton Lee, Minnesota. 

157 - More guys at this weight than any other. Jacori Teemer, Arizona State, David Carr Iowa State, Will Lewan, Michigan, Jaden Mattox Ohio State and maybe even a guy like Justin McCoy at Virginia. If you were a low AA this year, these guys are going to make you earn it next year. 

165 - Shane Griffith, Stanford

174 - Trent Hidlay, NC State, Anthony Valencia, Arizona State since I expect Zahid to either go 184 or take an Olympic RS. Michael Kemerer, Iowa.

184 Hunter Bolen, Va Tech, Gavin Hoffman, Ohio State, and if Rasheed does not get his 6th year then pencil in Aaron Brooks, Penn State.

197 - Tanner Sloan, South Dakota State, and if Kyle Conel can't go sat Penn State you can expect Michael Beard to be a force from Day 1. Then there is the coming off injury Ben Darmstadt, a title contender. 

Hwt - Anthony Cassioppi, Iowa, Tanner Hall, Arizona State, Jere Heino, Campbell. I am going to add one high school wrestler here, Daniel Kerkvliet, Ohio State just because he's that good. 

Anyone else I forgot?

Taylor Lamont is back at 125 or 133

Also D'Angelo was a pretty good 157 lb guy for Princeton who took a year off and will be back as a senior.  I don't know how they work in him and Q Monday.

Edited by lu1979