Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Spencer Lee – The TRUE Comeback Kid

Admittedly I am one who was tough on him during the season; however, what Spencer demonstrated over the weekend was nothing short of amazing.  He obviously went through a tough time over the last few months. Thankfully for him he had friends, family, coaches and teammates to pull him out from whatever he was dealing with.

His incredible performance over the last 3 days was matched only by his composure and positive attitude, especially during post interviews.

Spencer is an inspiration and a great example on how to turn adversity into success.

I hope others recognize this as I now do and be much more hesitant to criticize our wrestlers in the future. Lesson learned for me.

Congratulations to 2019 125 lb. CHAMPION Spencer Lee, the TRUE comeback kid!  What an AWESOME performance young man!

Edited by Marcus Cisero

1 minute ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Spencer and Zahid teaching a huge lesson about learning from losses.

I loved Zahid thanking Lewis and Hall in his post match interview when asked about his losses earlier in the year.

5 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

Anyone finally able to shed some light on what was going on with Lee this year?

No one is saying. My guess, he got sick(per Ironside in December) and it took him awhile to recover physically and then mentally. But I am just guessing on that.

Just now, russelscout said:

No one is saying. My guess, he got sick(per Ironside in December) and it took him awhile to recover physically and then mentally. But I am just guessing on that.

Someone said his girlfriend, who is a college softball (or vball?) player, had been sitting out for a stretch this year also so the mono/sickness thing could have some legs to it. I just thought Spencer had mono in high school and that it was difficult to get twice.