Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OBXWrestler

Returning Placers per weight

Recommended Posts

125

  • 1st Place - Spencer Lee of Iowa
  • 2nd Place - Jack Mueller of Virginia
  • 3rd Place - Sebastian Rivera of Northwestern
  • 4th Place - Vitali Arujau of Cornell
  • 5th Place - Nicholas Piccininni of Oklahoma State
  • 6th Place - Pat Glory of Princeton
  • 7th Place - RayVon Foley of Michigan State

133

  • 1st Place - Nick Suriano of Rutgers
  • 2nd Place - Daton Fix of Oklahoma State
  • 3rd Place - Stevan Micic of Michigan
  • 4th Place - Luke Pletcher of Ohio State
  • 5th Place - Austin DeSanto of Iowa
  • 8th Place - Roman Bravo-Young of Penn State

141

  • 1st Place - Yianni Diakomihalis of Cornell
  • 3rd Place - Jaydin Eierman of Missouri-Oly Shirt
  • 4th Place - Dom Demas of Oklahoma
  • 5th Place - Nick Lee of Penn State
  • 6th Place - Mitch McKee of Minnesota
  • 7th Place - Kyle Shoop of Lock Haven
  • 8th Place - Chad Red of Nebraska

 

149

  • 3rd Place - Austin O`Connor of North Carolina
  • 5th Place - Matthew Kolodzik of Princeton
  • 6th Place - Brock Mauller of Missouri
  • 7th Place - Jarrett Degen of Iowa State
  • 8th Place - Pat Lugo of Iowa

157

  • 4th Place - Hayden Hidlay of NC State
  • 5th Place - Kaleb Young of Iowa
  • 6th Place - Ryan Deakin of Northwester
  • 8th Place - Larry Early of Old Dominion
  •    

165

  • 1st Place - Mekhi Lewis of Virginia Tech
  • 2nd Place - Vincenzo Joseph of Penn State
  • 4th Place - Evan Wick of Wisconsin
  • 5th Place - Isaiah White of Nebraska
  • 6th Place - Joshua Shields of Arizona State
  • 7th Place - Alex Marinelli of Iowa
  • 8th Place - Bryce Steiert of Northern Iowa

Former AAs-Massa of Michigan, Smith of Ok State 

174

  • 1st Place - Zahid Valencia of Arizona State
  • 2nd Place - Mark Hall of Penn State
  • 3rd Place - Myles Amine of Michigan
  • 5th Place - David McFadden of Virginia Tech
  • 6th Place - Mikey Labriola of Nebraska
  • 7th Place - Jordan Kutler of Lehigh
  • 8th Place - Devin Skatzka of Minnesota

2018 Place winners- Kemerer of Iowa 

184

  • 2nd Place - Maxwell Dean of Cornell
  • 7th Place - Dakota Geer of Oklahoma State

197

  • 2nd Place - Kollin Moore of Ohio State
  • 4th Place - Patrick Brucki of Princeton
  • 5th Place - Josh Hokit of Fresno State
  • 7th Place - Jacob Warner of Iowa 

2018 Place Winners- Ben D of Cornell, Conel of Penn State 

285

  • 1st Place - Anthony Cassar of Penn State
  • 3rd Place - Gable Steveson of Minnesota
  • 4th Place - Jordan Wood of Lehigh 
  • 7th Place - Matt Stencel of Central Michigan
  • 8th Place - Trent Hillger of Wisconsin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

Not completely.  There are some young guys who fell just short of placing in Deprez, Bonaccorsi, and Venz

Anyone think Hall or Zahid try to get away from each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Anyone think Hall or Zahid try to get away from each other?

I think Zahid will go to 184 simply to make room for his brother Anthony in the lineup. Zahid is also a massive 174 so him moving up makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, OBXWrestler said:

125

  • 1st Place - Spencer Lee of Iowa
  • 2nd Place - Jack Mueller of Virginia
  • 3rd Place - Sebastian Rivera of Northwestern
  • 4th Place - Vitali Arujau of Cornell
  • 5th Place - Nicholas Piccininni of Oklahoma State
  • 6th Place - Pat Glory of Princeton
  • 7th Place - RayVon Foley of Michigan State

133

  • 1st Place - Nick Suriano of Rutgers
  • 2nd Place - Daton Fix of Oklahoma State
  • 3rd Place - Stevan Micic of Michigan
  • 4th Place - Luke Pletcher of Ohio State
  • 5th Place - Austin DeSanto of Iowa
  • 8th Place - Roman Bravo-Young of Penn State

141

  • 1st Place - Yianni Diakomihalis of Cornell
  • 3rd Place - Jaydin Eierman of Missouri-Oly Shirt
  • 4th Place - Dom Demas of Oklahoma
  • 5th Place - Nick Lee of Penn State
  • 6th Place - Mitch McKee of Minnesota
  • 7th Place - Kyle Shoop of Lock Haven
  • 8th Place - Chad Red of Nebraska

 

149

  • 3rd Place - Austin O`Connor of North Carolina
  • 5th Place - Matthew Kolodzik of Princeton
  • 6th Place - Brock Mauller of Missouri
  • 7th Place - Jarrett Degen of Iowa State
  • 8th Place - Pat Lugo of Iowa

157

  • 4th Place - Hayden Hidlay of NC State
  • 5th Place - Kaleb Young of Iowa
  • 6th Place - Ryan Deakin of Northwester
  • 8th Place - Larry Early of Old Dominion
  •    

165

  • 1st Place - Mekhi Lewis of Virginia Tech
  • 2nd Place - Vincenzo Joseph of Penn State
  • 4th Place - Evan Wick of Wisconsin
  • 5th Place - Isaiah White of Nebraska
  • 6th Place - Joshua Shields of Arizona State
  • 7th Place - Alex Marinelli of Iowa
  • 8th Place - Bryce Steiert of Northern Iowa

Former AAs-Massa of Michigan, Smith of Ok State 

174

  • 1st Place - Zahid Valencia of Arizona State
  • 2nd Place - Mark Hall of Penn State
  • 3rd Place - Myles Amine of Michigan
  • 5th Place - David McFadden of Virginia Tech
  • 6th Place - Mikey Labriola of Nebraska
  • 7th Place - Jordan Kutler of Lehigh
  • 8th Place - Devin Skatzka of Minnesota

2018 Place winners- Kemerer of Iowa 

184

  • 2nd Place - Maxwell Dean of Cornell
  • 7th Place - Dakota Geer of Oklahoma State

197

  • 2nd Place - Kollin Moore of Ohio State
  • 4th Place - Patrick Brucki of Princeton
  • 5th Place - Josh Hokit of Fresno State
  • 7th Place - Jacob Warner of Iowa 

2018 Place Winners- Ben D of Cornell, Conel of Penn State 

285

  • 1st Place - Anthony Cassar of Penn State
  • 3rd Place - Gable Steveson of Minnesota
  • 4th Place - Jordan Wood of Lehigh 
  • 7th Place - Matt Stencel of Central Michigan
  • 8th Place - Trent Hillger of Wisconsin

Add Jacob Holshtag No Io  5th in 2018 to your 197 list - he still has 2 years left and is still listed on their roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, JeanGuy said:

Zahid always says that 174 is not a hard cut for him, but could see him move up for his brother unless Anthony decides to go  up

I've read in this forum that his offseason walking around weight is around 193 pounds. In an interview I heard him say he felt great at 174 and didn't have to cut a lot of weight.

I could see him moving up, though, to make room for his brother, as you said. In that case: hit the weights, Zahid :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 4:26 PM, goheels1812 said:

I think Zahid will go to 184 simply to make room for his brother Anthony in the lineup. Zahid is also a massive 174 so him moving up makes sense. 

It also makes sense right before the 2020 Olympic cycle because even with a sawed off leg, he's not making 74 kg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, embracethegrind said:

Also for Iowa- do you put Kemerer back at 157 since nolf is gone or do you put him at 174 for the Team? 

 

I highly doubt Kemm can make 157 anymore unless recovery from the injury shrunk his body.  By all accounts that cut was brutal, I really don't think it was about Nolf...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 4:26 PM, goheels1812 said:

I think Zahid will go to 184 simply to make room for his brother Anthony in the lineup. Zahid is also a massive 174 so him moving up makes sense. 

While I definitely think Zahid will jump, I don't think it'll be because he's big for the weight. I think Anthony holding 165 for the whole year has held him back considerably over his career and I think Zahid will have an easier time winning 184 simply because Hall isn't there. It definitely makes sense from a team perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iowa has a tough question, do they bring Kemdog back at 157, in hopes that he breaks through to win a title, especially now that Nolf has graduated? I mean if you are Tn'T you might think about okay, we have Spencer at 125, and he could be a 3 timer, we have the Bull at 165, and perhaps this could be his year to finally bring one home, and Kemdog maybe getting crowned as champ at 157. I can just see Tom and Terry calculating the possible points in their heads as I type this. But seriously when you think about it, the only way someone will be able to dethrone Penn St., is with multiple Champ and a boat load of other guys who AA. Now if you are bring Kemmerer back to 157, what do you do with Young, a guy who's good enough to be a mid level AA, to you move him to another weight, or do you ask him to sit the year out, and If so how does the affect or benefit him? 

I could also see Young at 157, Kemmerer at 165, and the Bull at 174. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×