Sign in to follow this  
tekken801

Most Exciting Match of the Tournament?

Tax season and wrestling season make it tough for me to enjoy the full tournament.  I was wondering if some people would nominate some of the matches they considered to be the most exciting of the tournament.

And I'd like to note that exciting doesn't always have to equal the score being close, or even mean high scoring. 

I thought Demas Vs Lee at 141 was awfully exciting and didn't seem to get that much talk. 

1 minute ago, tekken801 said:

Tax season and wrestling season make it tough for me to enjoy the full tournament.  I was wondering if some people would nominate some of the matches they considered to be the most exciting of the tournament.

And I'd like to note that exciting doesn't always have to equal the score being close, or even mean high scoring. 

I thought Demas Vs Lee at 141 was awfully exciting and didn't seem to get that much talk. 

I assume you watched the finals, so won't point out any of those matches.  Some others that stick out off the top of my head...

Pletcher / DeSanto was both exciting and controversial

Hidlay / Nolf similarly exciting and controversial

Rivera / Glory consol. semi was exciting, a little extracurricular at the end too

Lewis / Marinelli

Ness / Rasheed

and for the masochists out there, Elam / Jennings, last match of the Friday morning session, arena was basically empty and the match lasted like 25 minutes. If ever there was a match you wanted to show someone to make them never watch wrestling again, this'd be it. 

Some of the best ones have already been mentioned. A few others:

Vito/Piccinini and Vito/Rivera (their second match for 3rd)

Mueller/Rivera (not even remotely a close match but nevertheless exciting)

Desanto/RBY

Demas/Lee

Yianni/Eierman (basically, every time these two wrestle, it's awesome)

Young/Deakin

Lewis/Marinelli

Marsteller/Marinelli

Ness/Rasheed

Stoll/Jennings

Miklus pinning Trazler to guarantee another AA for himself....It was probably my favorite moment of the tournament, because it was right in front of Missouri's section.....He probably got 15-20 hugs from everyone there before heading back the tunnel....very emotional.

4 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I assume you watched the finals, so won't point out any of those matches.  Some others that stick out off the top of my head...

Pletcher / DeSanto was both exciting and controversial

Hidlay / Nolf similarly exciting and controversial

Rivera / Glory consol. semi was exciting, a little extracurricular at the end too

Lewis / Marinelli

Ness / Rasheed

and for the masochists out there, Elam / Jennings, last match of the Friday morning session, arena was basically empty and the match lasted like 25 minutes. If ever there was a match you wanted to show someone to make them never watch wrestling again, this'd be it. 

Fix vs Suriano equally bad because it was a final in prime time

5 minutes ago, stonerd7 said:

Miklus pinning Trazler to guarantee another AA for himself....It was probably my favorite moment of the tournament, because it was right in front of Missouri's section.....He probably got 15-20 hugs from everyone there before heading back the tunnel....very emotional.

The Erneste match to AA was my cofavorite with this one.

4 hours ago, DrStrange said:

Im a sicko - I liked the Jennings/Elam match. That was some old school stuff right there. 

That match was hilarious. Jennings did in the third set of rideouts what Elam should have done in the second - after riding for 30 seconds, win on cumulative-time RT instead of trying for an escape when you're too tired to stand up with a side of beef flopped on your back. No idea how Jennings couldn't keep away from an also-exhausted Elam with a free stall in his back pocket.

I loved how competitive most of the finals were. Even the less-close 165 was great for how shocking it was when Lewis locked up the cradle.

Edited by ugarte

6 minutes ago, ugarte said:

That match was hilarious. Jennings did in the third set of rideouts what Elam should have done in the second - after riding for 30 seconds, win on cumulative-time RT instead of trying for an escape when you're too tired to stand up with a side of beef flopped on your back. No idea how Jennings couldn't keep away from an also-exhausted Elam with a free stall in his back pocket.

I loved how competitive most of the finals were. Even the less-close 165 was great for how shocking it was when Lewis locked up the cradle.

I was wondering why Mizzou didn't do the same also but I think Smith forgot he could.