Sign in to follow this  
tekken801

Most Exciting Match of the Tournament?

2 hours ago, Stl said:

Erneste Wilson match was intense

I just watched this one. Not giving Erneste the reversal as time ran out in regulation has to be one of the worst calls of the tournament. That match should not have even gone to OT. Glad the right guy won in the end. 

6 hours ago, tekken801 said:

Tax season and wrestling season make it tough for me to enjoy the full tournament.  I was wondering if some people would nominate some of the matches they considered to be the most exciting of the tournament.

And I'd like to note that exciting doesn't always have to equal the score being close, or even mean high scoring. 

I thought Demas Vs Lee at 141 was awfully exciting and didn't seem to get that much talk. 

5 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Some of the best ones have already been mentioned. A few others:

Vito/Piccinini and Vito/Rivera (their second match for 3rd)

Mueller/Rivera (not even remotely a close match but nevertheless exciting)

Desanto/RBY

Demas/Lee

Yianni/Eierman (basically, every time these two wrestle, it's awesome)

Young/Deakin

Lewis/Marinelli

Marsteller/Marinelli

Ness/Rasheed

Stoll/Jennings

Not a specific bout... but I don't think I've ever heard a louder crowd roar than what occurred during the 165 QF when Lewis knocked off Marinelli, immediately followed by Joseph getting a TD in SV against White.

As it occurred, I found myself wondering if Lewis thought the roar was totally associated with his win.

3 hours ago, Griff the BullRam said:

Demas vs Yianni in the quarters was a pretty dang exciting match. On the contrary, Demas vs Eierman in the third place match was probably the most boring match either of them have wrestled, when I was expecting there to be about 30 points on the board.

Yianni vs Demas was great. Really, all 3 of Yianni's matches from the Quarters on were exciting and close. He is some type of magician with his counter offense. He benefited from a couple of calls that could just as easily have gone the other way.