Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Castle

Maryland Coach (over/under)

Recommended Posts

We do we think and have in the mix?

1. Pritzloff - any team would be lucky

2. Scott Moore - he and assistant AD know each other?

3. Cary Kolat - understands local talent and cost of living

4. Other?

Anyone hearing anything out there?

Edited by Frank Castle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone else thinking Maryland, being Maryland, just keeps Sheptock and goes with it?

and who knows, maybe he'd end up being a good head coach, but obviously doesn't have the name recognition of some of those being mentioned.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They like Big NAME coaches and want a team that travels well.

So...

Mark Schultz, the storm'n Mormon.

                       or

Sammie Henson

Both have traveled a lot and the choice is sure to bring a lot of attention to the school.

Anything they do will be an improvement, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no inside knowledge of anything, but I wonder if Beckerman would be interested in coming back. He was an assistant at UMD before going to Brown, and he's a local guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised if Alex Clemsen gets a close look from Maryland. What about Esposito?  Is he ready?

I'd like to see them offer a butt load of $ and tempt Ben Askren.  I know he said he wasn't interested in anything but Wisky or Mizzou, but Maryland would have to be intriguing, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether they throw their hat in the interview pool or not, I have no idea but another name to consider is David Bolyard. He was the coach at eastern Michigan and was turning that program around and was named MAC coach of the year last year until the program was axed 2 days after last years ncaa tournament. He’s been a volunteer assistant or club coach at Michigan this past season. 

Edited by tec87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

They like Big NAME coaches and want a team that travels well.

So...

Mark Schultz, the storm'n Mormon.

                       or

Sammie Henson

Both have traveled a lot and the choice is sure to bring a lot of attention to the school.

Anything they do will be an improvement, right?

I guess more than half the NCAA schools will need new coaches....

27. Maryland 13
28. Central Michigan 12.5
29. Fresno State 11.5
29. Purdue 11.5
29. Utah Valley 11.5
32. Old Dominion 11
33. Michigan State 10.5
34. Pittsburgh 9.5
34. Wyoming 9.5
36. Army West Point 7.5
37. Navy 7
37. Rider 7
39. North Dakota State 6.5
40. Stanford 5.5
41. Binghamton 5
41. CSU Bakersfield 5
43. West Virginia 4.5
44. Brown 4
45. Campbell 3.5
45. Pennsylvania 3.5
47. Appalachian State 3
48. Cal Poly 2
49. American 1.5
49. Bucknell 1.5
49. George Mason 1.5
49. Northern Colorado 1.5
53. Buffalo 1
53. Indiana 1
53. Ohio 1
56. Air Force 0.5
56. Chattanooga 0.5
56. Columbia 0.5
56. Drexel 0.5
56. Kent State 0.5
56. Northern Illinois 0.5
56. SIU Edwardsville 0.5
63. Bloomsburg 0
63. Clarion 0
63. Edinboro 0
63. Franklin and Marshall 0
63. Gardner-Webb 0
63. South Dakota State 0
63. The Citadel 0
63. VMI 0
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that both Lewis and Robie gave Jared Frayer mad props for Lewis’s development. Makes me wonder when someone will pull him away. I don’t want him to go because he is a big name that can coach and recruit his butt off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frank Castle said:

We do we think and have in the mix?

1. Pritzloff - any team would be lucky

2. Scott Moore - he and assistant AD know each other?

3. Cary Kolat - understands local talent and cost of living

4. Other?

Anyone hearing anything out there?

Brad Dillon was Santoro's chief asst when at Maryland.  Don't want to see him leave Lehigh, but he's certainly qualified for a HC job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metcalf

Hahn (get me out of S. Dakota!)

Pritzlaff (unless he is promised HC in the future)

Varner

It's those 4 and no one else except everyone is applying for this job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Metcalf

Hahn (get me out of S. Dakota!)

Pritzlaff (unless he is promised HC in the future)

Varner

It's those 4 and no one else except everyone is applying for this job.

Need an east coast guy that knows where the top kids are. The big question is will Maryland put up the money necessary to compete with the top B1G teams?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tec87 said:

Whether they throw their hat in the interview pool or not, I have no idea but another name to consider is David Bolyard. He was the coach at eastern Michigan and was turning that program around and was named MAC coach of the year last year until the program was axed 2 days after last years ncaa tournament. He’s been a volunteer assistant or club coach at Michigan this past season. 

Eastern Michigan had a nice group qualify for this year's NCAAs...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Need an east coast guy that knows where the top kids are. The big question is will Maryland put up the money necessary to compete with the top B1G teams?  

125-150k starting salary, 9.9 scholarships, just south of the most dominant states in the country and in the Big 10.

Everyone is applying including a bunch of head coaches.

Applicants are already in.

Edited by Boompa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Need an east coast guy that knows where the top kids are. The big question is will Maryland put up the money necessary to compete with the top B1G teams?  

Everybody knows who the top kids are and where they are already. The trick is recruiting them, and who can compete with a school already dominating D1 that has an Olympic training facility essentially on campus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×