141: Dake vs Yianni… Yianni

149: Metcalf vs. Ashualt.. Metcalf

157: O'Conner vs Nolf… Nolf

165: Howe vs. Lewis... lewis

174: Borschel vs. Valencia... Valencia

184: Askren (Max) vs. Foster... Askren

197: Varner vs Nickel... Nickel

285: Zabriske vs. Casser.. Casser

Dake can't catch a break in fantasy match ups. Howe/Lewis would be great. I'd give the nod to Varner, and Zab beat Rosholt, Ellis, Erekson, Dudziak, Rey, etc.  WAY tougher bracket.  I'd go with Zabriskie. Was Dhesi the only returning AA in the field this year?

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

Metcalf always loses to nj guys (molinaro and caldwell are his most painful American losses) so ill pick ashnault.   And no way ness would win

He's like 15-1 against Molinaro and undefeated against Jordan Burroughs.  So....nailed it?

I'd probably take:

McDonough over Lee (freshman McDonough over sophomore Lee)

Suriano over Ness

Dake over Yianni

Metcalf easily over Ashnault

Nolf over O'Connor

Howe over Lewis

Valencia over Borschel

Askren over Foster

Varner over Nickal

Casser over Zabriskie

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

He's like 15-1 against Molinaro and undefeated against Jordan Burroughs.  So....nailed it?

I'd probably take:

McDonough over Lee (freshman McDonough over sophomore Lee)

Suriano over Ness

Dake over Yianni

Metcalf easily over Ashnault

Nolf over O'Connor

Howe over Lewis

Valencia over Borschel

Askren over Foster

Varner over Nickal

Casser over Zabriskie

Burroughs was before he became truly great (final 2 years).    That loss to molinaro put him into retirement and it prevented him from the Olympics so it was pretty significant.    And of course caldwell was an ncaa finals (not that u forgot that one) 

Did metcalf have an undefeated season like ashnault just did?  Lost to caldwell, caldwell and palmer, right?   Ill stick with my picks.   Not that metcalf wasn't great, he was, but he had some chinks

33 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Burroughs was before he became truly great (final 2 years).    That loss to molinaro put him into retirement and it prevented him from the Olympics so it was pretty significant.    And of course caldwell was an ncaa finals (not that u forgot that one) 

Did metcalf have an undefeated season like ashnault just did?  Lost to caldwell, caldwell and palmer, right?   Ill stick with my picks.   Not that metcalf wasn't great, he was, but he had some chinks

Ashnault didn't have anybody on the level of the guys who beat Metcalf.  And Molinaro beat Metcalf once.  On criteria.

Well I think Metcalf would've handled Ashnault, it might have been close early on but with Brent's head snaps and gas take, I believe he would eventually wear Ashnault down. As far as Spencer goes, I think It would be close but I believe Spencer has a few more weapons in his arsenal than McDonough has. Also Spencer has extensive international experience, so I think would find a way to prevail. Now the Varner versus Nickal match would be very interesting. One the one hand your have a mountain of muscle with a great ankle pick, going against a guy who is very slick and versatile. But even though I think Nickal will go on to do great things, I think Varner would stay in position and keep Nickal's offense stymied. Varner would either get his ankle pick or maybe a slide by, to clinch things. 

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Ashnault didn't have anybody on the level of the guys who beat Metcalf.  And Molinaro beat Metcalf once.  On criteria.

No kidding. The fact that Ashnault won the NC at all just shows how weak 149 was this year.

8 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

You did say that he "always loses to nj guys".....

I CHALLENGE the spelling in the title....not trying too be to critical, but my English teacher would have gone nuts.  (but then again, she didn't like the Beatles when they were introduced on the Ed Sullivan show).  To give you a clue as to when that was, I was in her class when the principal came to the door and announced that President Kennedy had been shot.

8 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

I CHALLENGE the spelling in the title....not trying too be to critical, but my English teacher would have gone nuts.  (but then again, she didn't like the Beatles when they were introduced on the Ed Sullivan show).  To give you a clue as to when that was, I was in her class when the principal came to the door and announced that President Kennedy had been shot.

The OP used the French spelling to appear more cultured.

2 hours ago, klehner said:

Interesting that Rob Koll says that Yianni is ahead of Dake at this point in their respective careers...

perhaps.

but he is still kid dynamite and the intangibles that go with that

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Wasn't Molinaro there for Ant's early years at Rutgers?