Sign in to follow this  
Rugbypoet

Myles Martin 3'rd Place Interview

As jubilant as I was last year when Bo stuck Myles, I was honestly kind of equally miserable that he lost against Dean. It's all fun to have rivalries and hate other teams, but there was something about Myles that surpassed where he went to school. This interview that was posted on Flowrestling captures why I think I might have become a fan of his. And while I was relieved that Nolf got away with one in the semis, the look on Hidlay's face when it was done stole any happiness that I could feel that the better wrestler prevailed. Both Hidlay and Martin are the wrestlers that I've been thinking about the most post-tournament. As long as Myles never wrestles another Penn State wrestler ever again, I hope he becomes a world champion in his future. I also hope that those of you who hate PSU can feel similar thoughts about some of our guys as well. 

Honestly, I didn't feel THAT bad for Myles Martin.  He won an NCAA title as a freshman over one of the best NCAA wrestlers ever. That finals match will forever be a classic, just like his loss to Bo Junior year will be.  It would be another story if he had never won.  The guy who ended up winning the weight as a senior as well for a coach who had yet to have a champ. 

I had conflicting feelings for Myles after his semis match.  A bit angry (big fan of his and tOSU) that he let the match go where it did and heart broken for what it cost him.  

After listening to Nolf's semi and final interviews, I became a big fan of his.  I hope he goes on to do great things on the international scene.  I know I will be cheering hard for him when he wears the USA singlet.

Edited by misterc