Jimmy Cinnabon

Snyder vs Gable and Cassar and White

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

The 133 champ was a non-AA 125 lber.  We should probably get rid of 125 too.

Nobody said a word about getting rid of 197.  They said we don't need to add a weight class in between.  So your comparison would work better saying that the 133 champ being a non-AA at 125 means we don't need a 129 weight class.  That plus he isn't a non-AA at 125.  

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Snyder kills White by name the score and he easily beats Gable S. He beats Cassar by a smaller margin because of Cassar's quickness. 

I mean they wrestled last year at nationals and it was 6-3. White is quite a bit better this year. I don’t think it’s much more than that. 

27 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Nobody said a word about getting rid of 197.  They said we don't need to add a weight class in between.  So your comparison would work better saying that the 133 champ being a non-AA at 125 means we don't need a 129 weight class.  That plus he isn't a non-AA at 125.  

True.  How about this:  get rid of 125 because you can just eat properly and become a NC at 133.

50 minutes ago, jchapman said:

True.  How about this:  get rid of 125 because you can just eat properly and become a NC at 133.

We 100% should get rid of 125. Its 2019. Midget exploration isn't cool anymore.

4 hours ago, DrStrange said:

We 100% should get rid of 125. Its 2019. Midget exploration isn't cool anymore.

I agree, but think 125 will exist as long as there's a 57kg in FS? I guess there are a lot of 57ish senior level guys around the world.

11 hours ago, BobbyGribbs said:

No man weighs 125 lbs naturally....so says my son

In the United States, 4.3% of the male population from 20-29 years old weighs under 130.  There are 23.25 million men in the U.S. in that age range.  That's about a million people 130 and under. Interpolating to 1.94% at 125, I think your son's off by about 450,000 potential wrestlers.

Anyway, I presently have a very good senior whose major problem as a recruit has been that he walks around at 116.  Definitely not the first time I've had this problem, so I'm not much inclined to agree.