Jimmy Cinnabon

Snyder vs Gable and Cassar and White

1 hour ago, Ray Brinzer said:

In the United States, 4.3% of the male population from 20-29 years old weighs under 130.  There are 23.25 million men in the U.S. in that age range.  That's about a million people 130 and under. Interpolating to 1.94% at 125, I think your son's off by about 450,000 potential wrestlers.

Anyway, I presently have a very good senior whose major problem as a recruit has been that he walks around at 116.  Definitely not the first time I've had this problem, so I'm not much inclined to agree.

My brother is 39 years old and walks around at 116lbs.  Guy couldn't gain weight if he tried.  He couldn't wrestle as a 10th grader when he was in high school because he didn't weigh enough to even be allowed to wrestle 103lbs.  He wrestled 70lbs as a freshman in high school on the junior high team.  

14 minutes ago, HokieFan said:

Who wins in a match between Snyder and Ditka?  Ditka!

Mike Ditka is an old man. A stupid, arthritic old man. Ditka's balls are probably dipping in the toilet water by now, if you know what I'm saying. Old man balls. Let me tell you about ...but I digress. Snyder is a young, shaved gorilla in his physical prime. He eats bamboo shoots and runs marathons for breakfast. He ****s Wheaties.

Gotta go with Snyder on this one. By an immediate if not sooner fall. Or pinfall, for you Jason.

Edited by TobusRex

2 hours ago, Ray Brinzer said:

In the United States, 4.3% of the male population from 20-29 years old weighs under 130.  There are 23.25 million men in the U.S. in that age range.  That's about a million people 130 and under. Interpolating to 1.94% at 125, I think your son's off by about 450,000 potential wrestlers.

Anyway, I presently have a very good senior whose major problem as a recruit has been that he walks around at 116.  Definitely not the first time I've had this problem, so I'm not much inclined to agree.

That’s no man.  That’s a boy.  Once he breaks 145 he’s edging into man territory.  

5 minutes ago, DrStrange said:

Can you really look me dead in the eyes and tell me you respect a 125 pound grown man without laughing?

My father was 5'3 and about 139 lbs.  When he died he was barely 100 lbs and was still twice the man you will ever be.

1) As you admitted yourself, he was 139 lbs. That is a good 10% bigger than the 125 pound creepiness factor.

2) Of course people get small in old age - we are talking about prime fighting shape here.

3) If you are taking random internet bums comments about little midget men wrestling as a slight against your tiny father, then you are a midget too - albeit a mental midget.

5 minutes ago, DrStrange said:

Can you really look me dead in the eyes and tell me you respect a 125 pound grown man without laughing?

Besik Kudukhov, Mavlet Batirov, Valentin Jordanov, Rick Sanders, Zeke Jones... yeah, I can pretty safely say I respect these guys a lot more than most wrestlers, and I respect most wrestlers more than most grown men.  Kind of hard to read this question without laughing, though.

2 hours ago, DrStrange said:

I’ve seen men that small that were as fearless and ferocious in combat as anyone can be. 

If you visit the Gettysburg museum, you’ll see uniforms from both the Northern and Southern forces. They are almost all small, perhaps for 135-150 lbs men. Yet, these small men fought like hell.

I’m sure you’re just trolling a bit, but when it comes to the size of the fight in a man, one should never be dumb enough just to judge by the size of the man. 

14 hours ago, Ray Brinzer said:

Good analysis. I would further apply the 1.94% interpolation, assuming a wash by shifting the age range to say 18-25 year olds, to the number of adult men weighing 125 or below who would wrestle, as opposed to the total population of young males at-large.

In 2017-18 there were 245,600 boys participating in high school wrestling out of a population of roughly 8.9 million high school boys in the U.S. That comes out to a 2.76% potential participation rate. Applied to the 450k male 18-25 125#- pool and we max out at around 12,400 wrestlers who could potentially wrestle 125 post-high school. If we apply a generous(?)  attrition rate of say two-thirds who will not compete at the college level, we get closer to 4,100 potential 125 pounders across all college divisions, from JC to NCAA D1... And if D1 takes the very cream of that talent pool, the number of 125 pounders competing gets pretty miniscule - no pun intended.

Edited by pamela

22 hours ago, DrStrange said:

Knew a lightweight man who was every inch a man. His name was Audie Murphy. A veteran and an actor when I knew him.

Knew a lot of lightweight men while in the service and a lot now. Every inch a man, it isn't the weight.

John Smith wasn't much heavier than that when he wrestled.

A lot more to being a real man than physical size.

2 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Knew a lightweight man who was every inch a man. His name was Audie Murphy. A veteran and an actor when I knew him.

Knew a lot of lightweight men while in the service and a lot now. Every inch a man, it isn't the weight.

John Smith wasn't much heavier than that when he wrestled.

A lot more to being a real man than physical size.

I love the heartfelt answers, like I was actually serious.  Thanks guys. Made me chuckle.