Jimmy Cinnabon

Snyder vs Gable and Cassar and White

On 3/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, Ray Brinzer said:

In the United States, 4.3% of the male population from 20-29 years old weighs under 130.  There are 23.25 million men in the U.S. in that age range.  That's about a million people 130 and under. Interpolating to 1.94% at 125, I think your son's off by about 450,000 potential wrestlers.

Anyway, I presently have a very good senior whose major problem as a recruit has been that he walks around at 116.  Definitely not the first time I've had this problem, so I'm not much inclined to agree.

He is 12 and weighs in at a robust 83lbs. I told him your research and he politely said "thats a lot of little guys walking around, maybe they should lift and eat more" HAHA he is definitely on track to be light weight.

And good luck to your boy and the weight issue.

Lastly really the stats are great but lets be honest most 125 guys are fighting hard to be at 125, they are cutting hard to stay there. Speaking of your 450k potential....need to cut that number exponentially to actual not potential. I dont see many 23 -29 year olds in wrestling making the 125 weight. Just read Pamela's response so belay my response here concerning numbers, that response was really articulate.

Edited by BobbyGribbs
details added

125 is filled with guys that would never be able to play any other sport except maybe horse jockey? Idk they may be actually too big for that. All of them have been doing it since the cradle, most of them completely dedicated to wrestling only. IMO one of the best weights to watch with the most variety of techniques displayed. 

51 minutes ago, BobbyGribbs said:

He is 12 and weighs in at a robust 83lbs. I told him your research and he politely said "thats a lot of little guys walking around, maybe they should lift and eat more" HAHA he is definitely on track to be light weight.

And good luck to your boy and the weight issue.

Lastly really the stats are great but lets be honest most 125 guys are fighting hard to be at 125, they are cutting hard to stay there. Speaking of your 450k potential....need to cut that number exponentially to actual not potential. I dont see many 23 -29 year olds in wrestling making the 125 weight. Just read Pamela's response so belay my response here concerning numbers, that response was really articulate.

In my experience, most 165 lbers are fighting pretty hard to be 165 and the same with every other weight. 

Edited by russelscout

On 3/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, ThorsteinV said:

None of those guys match up well with Snyder.  I'd give Nickal better odds of beating Snyder, as it's been demonstrated a few times that he can be pinned.  Especially if Nickal was a full-sized 197 lber. 

If they were equal size, in a folk match I'd pick Bo over Kyle every time.

14 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Knew a lightweight man who was every inch a man. His name was Audie Murphy. A veteran and an actor when I knew him.

Knew a lot of lightweight men while in the service and a lot now. Every inch a man, it isn't the weight.

John Smith wasn't much heavier than that when he wrestled.

A lot more to being a real man than physical size.

Audie Murphy was the most decorated soldier in American history. Little guy had to fight to get into the Army after being turned down by all branches initially. Wiki said his sister falsely testified to his age in order to get him in! Audie was a Texan, and lifelong Democrat. His favorite musicians were Chet Atkins and Bob Wills. He died in a plane crash in 1971.

Audie probably liked this one.

Edited by TobusRex