AIW-HS

Both Cassar and Rasheed are granted 6th years

If they are coming back then they will want the team to also win, hence I would not expect PSU to punt. If this is true then they are in it to win it in 2020. 

Unrelated to 6th year, but the rumor is that Rasheed was wrestling on a torn acl since January. Rumor. 

Edited by TBar1977

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If they are coming back then they will want the team to also win, hence I would not expect PSU to punt. If this is true then they are in it to win it in 2020. 

Unrelated to 6th year, but the rumor is that Rasheed was wrestling on a torn acl since January. Rumor. 

Shakur definitely was hindered by the injury to his knee. It could clearly be seen when he tried his marquee move (cross face cradle) he could not drive off his right leg. Rasheed attempted to bring his opponent over by thrusting his hips. It didn’t work. He left Pittsburgh disappointed. I think he will give it another shot. 

Cassar won the tournament sensationally. Not sure another title would mean much to him especially when the attempt would delay his foray into MMA.  Also, Steveson is the real deal and I’m not sure Cassar could defeat him a third time.  

27 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

How do you know this?

Google "Cassar sixth year".  And change the timeframe to the past 24 hours.  Only citations come out of PSU chat rooms. (maybe Adam Schiff leaked it to CNN?)

https://www.google.com/search?q=cassar+sixth+year&safe=off&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2_vmQoaHhAhVDneAKHS4zC14QpwUIJg&biw=1920&bih=1095 

As a reference from last year:  Ashnault got his in April; Leeth got his two years in May; and Mickey Phillippi got his in June.

Edited by lu_alum

11 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Google "Cassar sixth year".  And change the timeframe to the past 24 hours.  Only citations come out of PSU chat rooms. (maybe Adam Schiff leaked it to CNN?)

https://www.google.com/search?q=cassar+sixth+year&safe=off&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2_vmQoaHhAhVDneAKHS4zC14QpwUIJg&biw=1920&bih=1095 

As a reference from last year:  Ashnault got his in April; Leeth got his two years in May; and Mickey Phillippi got his in June.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Shakur definitely was hindered by the injury to his knee. It could clearly be seen when he tried his marquee move (cross face cradle) he could not drive off his right leg. Rasheed attempted to bring his opponent over by thrusting his hips. It didn’t work. He left Pittsburgh disappointed. I think he will give it another shot. 

I doubt the tweet about the 6th years being granted is accurate but did want to chime in on the Rasheed injury. You could see that he couldn't push off or take any torque on his knee even back in the matches he wrestled at big tens. Won't be relevant to his 6th year request but it really affected his results this March.

I doubt the tweet about the 6th years being granted is accurate but did want to chime in on the Rasheed injury. You could see that he couldn't push off or take any torque on his knee even back in the matches he wrestled at big tens. Won't be relevant to his 6th year request but it really affected his results this March.

Poor Tupac had a boo boo on his knee. Still should not have a #2 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Poor Tupac had a boo boo on his knee. Still should not have a #2 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree.  But I blame it on the seeding committee, not on him.  He got a real injury, did what he could on the mat, and it wasn't good enough. 

Not saying I believe the rumor that Shak and Cassar got their 6th year already, but it is definitely possible.

The NCAA's guidelines are for schools to pull together and submit their documentation for eligibility waivers, including 5-year rule waivers, to the Student Athlete Reinstatement committee by early April so that they can be processed well before the following season's competition, preseason training, scrimmages, etc. begins. But it's not like PSU just realized that Shak and Cassar might be eligible for a 6th year, so they likely filed for the waivers far in advance.

Unless it's a complicated case, the SARC says they usually take a week or less to process and arrive at a decision. I think it's a review factory type of process where the case owner presents facts to the committee and (I believe) it takes a 2/3 vote to approve. In the 2015-16 academic year 99% of all requests were approved by the SARC (sometimes conditionally), though I'm not sure if that figure is for all reinstatement requests or what.

So, Shak and Cassar's 6th year eligibility could already have been approved. The question is whether they and the coaching staff want to exercise that option.

6 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Cassar won the tournament sensationally. Not sure another title would mean much to him especially when the attempt would delay his foray into MMA.  Also, Steveson is the real deal and I’m not sure Cassar could defeat him a third time.  

And nobody thought he could beat him the first time and we absolutely knew he'd never, ever beat him a second time...

25 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

And nobody thought he could beat him the first time and we absolutely knew he'd never, ever beat him a second time...

I think that 2020 Steveson would beat 2019 Cassar, but 2020 Cassar will continue to get bigger, stronger, and I expect much better, so Steveson will need to step it up and then some to be the champ next year if Cassar is granted and accepts the sixth year.  

LOL 
This means PSU’s grey shirts will redshirt next year and finish their eligibility after six or seven years in college. 
Who is paying for the expenses (room and board) of their greyshirts?

Is it the parents or the nlwc?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ptz305 said:

PSU is gaming the system to the Nth degree. Guys will be 25 years old wrestling in college. 

If Gavin Teasdale enrolls at Iowa this coming fall and his clock starts then and he gets a 6th year at Iowa he will be 26 years 5 months during March of 2025. Anyone who gets a 6th year is going to be older than the normal college student, and this is happening at a ton of schools these days. It ain't a Penn State thing, its a wrestling and other sports thing. 

Edited by TBar1977