Jimmy Cinnabon

Suriano's headgear grab definitely stopped Fix

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Fix (and Smith for that matter) wins my award for the guy who made the finals who appeared to most be looking for the officials to help him defeat his opponent. 

Smith was instructing Fix to open up.

Edited by Bananasplit
spelling

If Fix and his coach were focused on wrestling, not the officiating, the outcome may have been different for Daton.  Right before Suriano takes him down Fix is pointing at his head gear and stops wrestling.  Cost him the match as Suriano took him down at that point.  That's crap about the headgear affecting it - Fix stopped wrestling.  Plus he didn't do much in the match anyhow.  And karma is a b_ _ _ _.  Payback for Suriano for what went on in Jan in the RAC with the BS officiating.

Yet the rules do need a fixing - headgear, hands to the face.  It should be for flagrant violations.  IE, for headgear - the guys head needs to be pulled down or back - a very noticeable, violent pulling of the head via the head gear.  Same for hands to the face.  Give a warning, and than if the guy is really slapping the face, than hit him with the point.

This is sissy crap what's going on.  And the coaches are trying to game the system with all the challenges.

And in the Suriano, Fix match, if I'm the ref, there is no way I'm making headgear call (he was on other side of it anyhow) in OT in a Nat Champ match.  No way am I deciding and handling a title to a kid on a BS penalty. 

And can't even tell, and didn't appear Suriano pulled on it, if he did Fix's head would've come down - like a genuine facemask in the NFL.  Suriano had hands on it.  Anyhow - this is trivial.  What I say prior stands.

4 hours ago, josephe said:

And can't even tell, and didn't appear Suriano pulled on it, if he did Fix's head would've come down - like a genuine facemask in the NFL.  Suriano had hands on it.  Anyhow - this is trivial.  What I say prior stands.

Agree. Suriano has his hand on the head gear but you can't see anything that  says he actually pulled on it. Looked like he just posted the head, nothing more or less. Like you said, Fix stopped wrestling and that is what cost him the match. 

56 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

I grabbed some pictures - I would say grabbed but didn't pull.

So is it OK to grab your opponent's headgear as long as you don't pull it? Honest Q - I thought just grabbing onto the headgear like that was illegal.

9 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

I grabbed some pictures - I would say grabbed but didn't pull.

Suriano fingers 1.JPG

Suriano fingers 2.JPG

Suriano fingers 3.JPG

Suriano fingers 4.JPG

Suriano fingers 5.JPG

Suriano fingers 6.JPG

Suriano fingers 7.JPG

Suriano fingers 8.JPG

Suriano fingers 9.JPG

It's more of a push than pull which could have kept Fix farther forward, making it more difficult to get behind.  (on the slideby)  On the leg attack (Suriano's), it looks like Fix is reaching up on the farside (blind side to us) to get him off of the headgear????

Fix could have been using the hand he was grabbing his own headgear with to actually throw a damn whizzer and get his hips up.  I like Fix because of his freestyle accomplishments and what I think he can do internationally in the future and I was pulling for him.  That said, he simply didn't open up and earn the W in this bout.  

Fix was going for the slide by.  Suriano posted the head.  Exactly what he was supposed to do.  Pulling  Fix  towards him would have been against Suriano's momentum and been counter-productive.   

Fix lost because he was coached to stall and look for a gift from the ref.  It worked the first time, so probably not bad coaching if you like that sort of BS.  

• OK state had 2 #1 seeds lose. 
  • Picc didn't have a takedown his last 3 matches.  
  • White had nothing in the semis until OT, and nothing in the finals.
  • Everyone watched Fix do nothing while Smith worked the refs.   Karmic justice :

Picc should transfer back east, Fix needs to come to RU and get toughened up. 

An official missed a call that potentially cost a kid a shot at winning the match....color me shocked. 

I do find it comical that on a thread devoted to understanding if the official missed a call, people point out Fix and Smith's strategy.....like how does that have anything to do with Suriano grabbing the head gear? Those two points are separate....both are valid.....but separate. It's almost like wrestling fans want to protect the integrity of the officials so bad that they will degrade a strategy by a coach/wrestler to defend the officials call/lack of call. 

During NCAA's I didn't see one challenge overturned (There may have been some, but I saw exponentially more confirm the refs call than overturned).....when is the NCAA going to implement another official to sit at the table and review the monitor without the on-mat officials just reviewing it? 

Do people really believe that the guy who just made the call (on-mat official) is going to change is mind at a REASONABLE rate when rewatching what he just saw??