ThorsteinV

If Mark Hall went to...

2 minutes ago, ThorsteinV said:

... Arizona State, then both him and Zahid Valencia would be three time NCAA champions at this point.  Change my mind. 

He wrestles 165 then? He beats Joseph maybe, doesn't beat Imar both years.

I think style wise he matches up much better with guys like Joseph and even IMar beings these guys aren’t throwing so much offense at him that it favors Mark. So if it’s being said that it he was anywhere other than penn state and wrestled 165 I really do think Hall would be a 3xer and Zahid would also at 174. I just really think when Zahid is throwing as much offense as he is and is on against Hall, its Halls worst matchup. We’ll never know but it’s the off-season now and it’s fun to speculate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. I believe the original assumption was that Hall was the one at 184, not Valencia. I took it as such as well.

Hall at 184 for ASU may have won it this year. He never did well against Nickal in high school. I have Nickal of last year beating Hall of last year.

Freshman year Hall stays redshirted at ASU.

I wish he had gone to Iowa, could you imagine the humungous shot in the arm it would've been for the Hawkeyes. Mark Hall is a super remarkable wrestler, so no matter where he would've gone he would've had a significant impact to the program and the wrestlers he interacts with. 

Imagine if, after high school, he trained in the Caucasus for four years and got roided out.  

By the time he returned he’d be an absolute vicious monster.

Edited by Katie

Are you talking about Valencia?  I thought he was saying Hall would go 184.  I was saying if Hall goes 184 he's not beating Nickal.
Valencia vs Nickal. That's what I'm talking about.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Freddy Stroker and Mark Hall are good friends.  Stroker wanted Hall to go to Cornell but Hall didn't hit it off with Koll who can be overbearing.

I didn't realize Stroker was already at Cornell by the time Hall was about to start college.