Erminio8

List of Transfers

I only know a few guys so far but please reply with names and their choices, when they eventually sign somewhere and I'll try to continuously edit the original list.

Seth Gross - Wisconsin

Kyle Conel - Penn State (If granted 6th year)

Gavin Teasdale - Iowa

Mason Smith - Campbell

Shawn Streck - Oklahoma State

Johnny Sebastian - Wisconsin

Austin Matthews - No. Colorado

Jon Jay Chavez - (Possibly)

Edited by Erminio8

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

Wow. The Hawkeyes might be more Pennsylvania than Penn State is.

With Berge in PSU only had 3 Pa. Vanderkleen 4

Isn't Iowa already starting 4.

LHU had 10 this year

Lehigh only had 5 Pa starters at the end of the year. Probably 6-8 next yearl

11 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

I think the plan is for Mason Smith to wrestle at Campbell.  157?

Smith already wrestled an open tournament this spring at Campbell. I believe he was at 165, which I think was just for convenience.

2 minutes ago, westfan said:

Smith already wrestled an open tournament this spring at Campbell. I believe he was at 165, which I think was just for convenience.

well he never made it on their roster.  I assumed he entered the tournament unrostered. 

As far as Conel to PSU goes, I feel like Beard is ready to step in and be an AA right away. Possibly contend for a title. Do they really intend on red-shirting him after the gray shirt?

5 minutes ago, Erminio8 said:

As far as Conel to PSU goes, I feel like Beard is ready to step in and be an AA right away. Possibly contend for a title. Do they really intend on red-shirting him after the gray shirt?

It's a conundrum.  For Conel to put it out there...I would imagine there has been some conversations between him and PSU.  I'm not suggesting any guarantees.  

Conel had the tournament of a lifetime in 2018.  He may never come close to that again?

2 hours ago, scribe said:

I'd be surprised if JJ Chavez doesn't show up somewhere.

I would honestly like to see what he could do by going the Greco route full time.  Then just attention college without the DI program commitment.  But if the athletic scholarships to a major school is helping him to also reach certain educational/career opportunities I can’t fault him.  

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

Shawn Streck from Purdue is transferring to OSU.  He was 2-2 at NCAAs as a freshman heavyweight in 2018.  I'd think he has a chance to be a top 10 guy with a ceiling to improve.

Yikes.  Does he deserve a second chance? Probably.   Would I be willing to risk my coaching career for him?   No

Edited by LemonPie