Erminio8

List of Transfers

27 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

Yikes.  Does he deserve a second chance? Probably.   Would I be willing to risk my coaching career for him?   No

His side of the story was that most of the information in the case was fabricated was fabricated by the young lady, and that she later admitted to this.   I’m not sure how it all played out legally or how much of that maybe true.  If his side is mostly true I’m guessing he deserve that second chance. However, if at least some of it was not fabricated then that chance may have come with a few stipulations to ensure he makes better decisions in the future.  Clearly the administration, AD, and coaches feel it’s worth a try.  

55 minutes ago, Idaho said:

How bad would Iowa be if they had not been able to benefit from the open transfer flood gates? 

What?

This year's team w/o JRent, Desanto or Lugo?

They're automatically 1.0 points better due to UC penalty.

133) Glynn: He would qualify and perhaps grit out a win or two. Let's call it 1-2.

That is 12 points less there as a whole.

141) Turk: He would qualify and do just as good, maybe even a little better than Murin. I am calling it 3-2 with 1 point more.

That is 11 points less as a whole.

149) Murin: Call me a ruhtard if you want, but I think Murin outperforms Lugo here. An entire season to acclimate to a wide open weight with no draining cut and a higher ceiling, imho. I think he could get anywhere from 3rd-8th in this field. Let's meet in the middle and call it 5/6th and give him 11.

That makes the team an overall 5.5 less.

Still 4th place.

Good try, though.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What?

This year's team w/o JRent, Desanto or Lugo?

They're automatically 1.0 points better due to UC penalty.

133) Glynn: He would qualify and perhaps grit out a win or two. Let's call it 1-2.

That is 12 points less there as a whole.

141) Turk: He would qualify and do just as good, maybe even a little better than Murin. I am calling it 3-2 with 1 point more.

That is 11 points less as a whole.

149) Murin: Call me a ruhtard if you want, but I think Murin outperforms Lugo here. An entire season to acclimate to a wide open weight with no draining cut and a higher ceiling, imho. I think he could get anywhere from 3rd-8th in this field. Let's meet in the middle and call it 5/6th and give him 11.

That makes the team an overall 5.5 less.

Still 4th place.

Good try, though.

That is very optimistic for  Murin to bump up and out perform Lugo. Good try though 

BTW if Teasdale ends up there next year you will only need 1 more for half the team to be transfers - you can do it! I believe in you. 

10 minutes ago, Idaho said:

That is very optimistic for  Murin to bump up and out perform Lugo. Good try though 

BTW if Teasdale ends up there next year you will only need 1 more for half the team to be transfers - you can do it! I believe in you. 

"Good try?"  You are shortchanging him.  That is a Herculean effort!

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I agree with all of this. It sounded in interviews like Murin respects Lugo and is waiting for him to graduate before going 149 but I think he could win the spot right now if he wanted it. 

I still don't understand all the Teasdale stuff. Iowa doesn't need him. He'd probably be taking a smaller scholarship too (just a guess, since he's out of state). Even if Spencer takes an ORS it doesn't guarantee Teasdale anything, and less so after next season. Kind of a head scratcher.

21 hours ago, Katie said:

Wow. The Hawkeyes might be more Pennsylvania than Penn State is.

They're quickly becoming the Oakland Raiders of D1 wrestling.  I guess that kind of desperation happens when you're on the hot seat.

Edited by KCMO2

16 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

They're quickly becoming the Oakland Raiders of D1 wrestling.  I guess that kind of desperation happens when you're on the hot seat.

Kind of weak considering OkState started more transfers than Iowa.  Michigan had more as well until they pulled Parris’s Shirt. TOSU started the same amount.

Even you guys had Leeth come from Duke. Flynn from WVU and Myers as well. If not for wrestling  Elam as a TF, you would have started more transfers as well. 

Not your best troll job. Not by a long shot. 

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Kind of weak considering OkState started more transfers than Iowa.  Michigan had more as well until they pulled Parris’s Shirt. TOSU started the same amount.

Even you guys had Leeth come from Duke. Flynn from WVU and Myers as well. If not for wrestling  Elam as a TF, you would have started more transfers as well. 

Not your best troll job. Not by a long shot. 

Who did Iowa start?  OSU had 3 (Jacobe Smith from Juco, Geer, and White).  

It's a dumb criticism either way but if Iowa only had 2 it's especially dumb.  

Why would anyone ever put Chavez on this list?  I think if he wanted to wrestle - at all - he would have made it happen this year?

What's the deal with Sebatian?  Thought he was on the roster earlier this year?  Was he beaten out?