2. Chris Perry, Oklahoma State

3. Logan Storley, Minnesota

4. Jordan Blanton, Illinois

5. Josh Asper, Maryland

6. Robert Kokesh, Nebraska

7. Matt Brown, Penn State

8. Lee Munster, Northwestern

Semifinals: Chris Perry vs. Josh Asper; Mike Evans vs. Jordan Blanton

Round of 12: Kokesh vs. Dan Yates, Michigan; Munster vs. Nate Brown, Lehigh; M. Brown vs. Matthew Miller, Navy; Storley vs. Todd Porter, Missouri

Team title implications: All 4 teams grab an All American here. I am an unabashed Mike Evans homer, you're not going to make me feel bad about picking him to win. Matt Brown caught Logan Storley in the consi quarters, which is why he's so low. I had him getting upset by Blanton in the championship quarters.

MEVANS_zps5057817a.jpg

Let me guess the rest of your brackets. Iowa wins with 8 AA's and the Gophers have terrible tourney.

So far Iowa with 6AA's and running away with tourney. Gophers distant 3rd.

Iowa has 5, not 6. Minny has 5 also. Penn State too. Oklahoma State fans should probably hate me the most, not Minny.

197 lbs:

1. Dustin Kilgore, Kent State

2. Quentin Wright, Penn State

3. Matt Wilps, Pittsburgh

4. Kyven Gadsen, Iowa State

5. Nate Scheidel, Binghamton

6. Alfonso Hernandez, Wyoming

7. Scott Schiller, Minnesota

8. Micah Burak, Penn

Semifinals: Dustin Kilgore vs. Alfonso Hernandez; Kyven Gadson vs. Quentin Wright

Round of 12: Scheidel vs. Brent Haynes, Missouri; M. Burak vs. Richard Perry, Bloomsburg; Schiller vs. Taylor Meeks, Oregon State; Wilps vs. Jake Meredith, Arizona State

Team title implications: Penn State and Minnesota grabbed All-Americans. Blake Rosholt of Oklahoma State lost in the round before the Round of 12 to Richard Perry of Bloomsburg. Nathan Burak of Iowa lost in the round before the Round of 12 to Nate Scheidel of Binghamton.

285 lbs:

1. Tony Nelson, Minnesota

2. Chad Hanke, Oregon State

3. Alan Gelogaev, Oklahoma State

4. Bobby Telford, Iowa

5. Zac Thomusseit, Pittsburgh

6. Dom Bradley, Missouri

7. Mike McMullan, Northwestern

8. Adam Chalfant, Indiana

Semifinals: Zac Thomusseit vs. Chad Hanke; Alan Gelogaev vs. Tony Nelson

Round of 12: McMullan vs. Connor Medberry, Wisconsin; Bradley vs. JT Felix, Boise State; Chalfant vs. Jarod Trice, Central Michigan; Telford vs. Mike McClure, Michigan State

Team title implications: Minnesota, Oklahoma State, and Iowa pick up All Americans here. Jimmy Lawson of Penn Sate lost to Chalfant in the round before the Round of 12.

Peppelman just kind of ended up in a fortuitous place in the bracket. He lost to Napoli in the quarters, and then got Demas, Taylor Walsh, and James Fleming in the next 3 matches, with FLeming being his only upset win. Napoli lost in the consolation semis to Welch (also, Green and Dieringer both lost to Welch in the Round of 12 coincidentally. Welch kind of wrecked the consis for some guys.) Napoli and Green just caught the bad break of running into Welch earlier than Peppelman did.

Ah...fortuitous matchups. Fair enough. However I don't see Welch losing until the semifinals against Green.

157 lbs:

1. Derek St. John, Iowa

2. Dylan Alton, Penn State

3. Jason Welch, Northwestern

4. Walter Peppelman, Harvard

5. Joey Napoli, Lehigh

6. James Fleming, Clarion

7. James Green, Nebraska

8. Taylor Walsh, Illinois

Semifinals: Dylan Alton vs. James Fleming; Joey Napoli vs. Derek St. John

Round of 12: Green vs. Jesse Dong, Virginia Tech; Welch vs. Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State; Walsh vs. RJ Pena, Oregon State; Peppelman vs. Josh Demas, Ohio State

Team title implications: Iowa nad Penn State are above. Dieringer of Oklahoma State lost in the Round of 12 to Jason Welch. Danny Zilverberg of Minnesota won his first match, but then lost to Napoli and Kyle Bradley in succession, losing in the second round of consolations.

Dieringer will AA, he has wrestled too good this year not to. Barring injury or other I could easily see him as a 4X AA.

285 lbs:

1. Tony Nelson, Minnesota

2. Chad Hanke, Oregon State

3. Alan Gelogaev, Oklahoma State

4. Bobby Telford, Iowa

5. Zac Thomusseit, Pittsburgh

6. Dom Bradley, Missouri

7. Mike McMullan, Northwestern

8. Adam Chalfant, Indiana

Semifinals: Zac Thomusseit vs. Chad Hanke; Alan Gelogaev vs. Tony Nelson

Round of 12: McMullan vs. Connor Medberry, Wisconsin; Bradley vs. JT Felix, Boise State; Chalfant vs. Jarod Trice, Central Michigan; Telford vs. Mike McClure, Michigan State

Team title implications: Minnesota, Oklahoma State, and Iowa pick up All Americans here. Jimmy Lawson of Penn Sate lost to Chalfant in the round before the Round of 12.

McMullan will be top 5 and Medberry will AA

157 lbs:

1. Derek St. John, Iowa

5. Joey Napoli, Lehigh

7. James Green, Nebraska

Round of 12: Green vs. Jesse Dong, Virginia Tech; Welch vs. Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State; Walsh vs. RJ Pena, Oregon State; Peppelman vs. Josh Demas, Ohio State

Team title implications: Iowa nad Penn State are above. Dieringer of Oklahoma State lost in the Round of 12 to Jason Welch. Danny Zilverberg of Minnesota won his first match, but then lost to Napoli and Kyle Bradley in succession, losing in the second round of consolations.

Dieringer will AA, he has wrestled too good this year not to. Barring injury or other I could easily see him as a 4X AA.

Oh, well then never mind. I didn't realize he had wrestled "too good" to not AA. That never happens to freshmen. Again, he lost to Welch in the Round of 12, who was upset by Alton in the quarterfinals, I hardly have him losing to a bum.

157 lbs:

1. Derek St. John, Iowa

5. Joey Napoli, Lehigh

7. James Green, Nebraska

Oh, well then never mind. I didn't realize he had wrestled "too good" to not AA. That never happens to freshmen. Again, he lost to Welch in the Round of 12, who was upset by Alton in the quarterfinals, I hardly have him losing to a bum.

Max Askren wrestled too good as Freshman as well and was the #1 seed at ncaa's and of course placed and became a 4x AA........... ;)

Pretty good Vak, like always. I hope the Pokes do better than that, but who knows how this thing will shake out. I missed the bracket show, is that where the photo of the "infamous" Vak was taken? Pretty cool. Good luck to the Hawks, well you know about how much I mean that. Somehow telling wrestlers to break a leg just doesn't translate like it does for the drama team...

Pardon my ignorance here. Is VAK a sage or the like?

I remember this in the past as well and I'm curious how accurate those predictions ended up being!

If VAK is as good as I think he is, how do the posters from The Garden State, the self proclaimed "best wrestling state" reconcile these predictions? I only see one NJ guy listed, Green at 7th.

NJ declared itself the best wrestling state? I've never heard of a landmass making proclamations.

I also don't recall any posters proclaiming NJ as the top wrestling state. Perhaps you can provide some evidence of this claim? I do know that NJ is one of the top wrestling states in the country, and the fact that we have the third most national qualifiers would seem that that viewpoint is accurate.

I also know that NJ had 2 national champs last year, 3 the year before that, and I believe multiple the year before that. 5 of the last 20 national champs is pretty solid, right?

Also, all due respect to Vak, but something tells me he hasn't nailed his brackets with 100% accuracy. We'll see how it plays out.