Wrestlingbcpc

Up and coming States.

8 hours ago, scramble said:

I guess it depends on how a person is viewing class from their perspective.  When I think if it I think in regards to how they present themselves with the interactions with others.  I've saw him years ago in FL and then later in life at some national tournaments.  In my experience I never saw him represent himself poorly.  However, I do know he didn't always take ever dual.  I don't categorize that as a lack of class.  Some top D1 schools didn't attend the national duals.  Such as PSU.  I would not say Sanderson lacks class because of it.  However, other may define it different based on their definition, perspective, and experiences.  

NCAA "National Duals" are unofficial. The high school state series is not. I think that's a big difference. 

13 hours ago, grappler6 said:

On 3/31/2019 at 8:01 PM, Wrestlingbcpc said:
Gilman is Iowa.  Every wrestler lists his hometown on his college bio.  All the stats people go off of this.  This year, though Gable Steveson’s Mom continues to live in Michigan, his established residence with dad is Minnesota. Myles Martin is NJ ((where he lives with mom and dad) though he went to HS in Zmaryland. Same with Blair kids. Half are claimed out of state as per parents residence. 

I think you are confusing Gable for Mark Hall. Gables family lives in MN

Your absolutely right. Thanks 

On 4/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, Wrestlingbcpc said:

a

Personally, I’d take California and Illinois against Minnesota and Iowa who you like placed in first tier. Slightly, but still my opinion. Nebraska just doesn’t seem like a second tier though. Just one ( 1 ) all-American in the past 9 years. 

To me there is very little difference between tier 1 and tier 2, mainly the name recognition more than anything. When people think wrestling I think they jump to Iowa and Minn over Cali and illinois still.

And you might be right about Nebraska. 

To.    The name recognition is earned by consistent results. If your a college coach, are you recruiting in Pennsylvania or elsewhere?  Of course many factors.... but the majority of future A A’s Come from a handful of states year in and year out.  

Edited by Wrestlingbcpc
Incorrect quote

9 hours ago, VAtoSC said:

To me there is very little difference between tier 1 and tier 2, mainly the name recognition more than anything. When people think wrestling I think they jump to Iowa and Minn over Cali and illinois still.

And you might be right about Nebraska. 

In college, no doubt the Hawkeyes and gophers have been dominant and tuff for many years. But in high school talent, Illinois and California have had more success in high school and in college... slightly. Bob Preusse, the national high school writer for amateur wrestling news has said a few times the the nations high school wrestling belt runs from “new jeresy, through Penn, into Ohio and ends in Illinois. This year, almost half the all Americans in college came from those four state. I just don’t see statistically how the second tier you mentioned stacks up. For me, name recognition has been earned by the upper echelon states.