Sign in to follow this  
yonz_g

Where will Braxton Amos end up?

12 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I think he ends up at one of the OSUs. He is close with a bunch of the other OSU recruits and he and Kerklevit's family are tight. Plus, he would fit into the lineup well at tOSU. They have a serious need at either 184 or 197

I think most agree he'll end up at tOSU, but with Kerkvliet coming in, he'll most likely have to make the cut to 197; don't think he can make 184. Which in turn would also keep Hoffman down at 184. Minor logjam...

Edited by yonz_g

3 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

No surprises here... any update on where Ferrari is leaning?   

If Oklahoma State can snag either Ferrari or Amos for their class of 2020 they will have an insane group.  
- Ferarri or Amos
- Plott
- Mastrogiovanni
- Burks
- Doucet

Would be one of the best classes in recent memory. 

I believe he implied one time that Ok State and Rutgers were his top 2

I’d guess Ohio State and VT are his likely picks with the bucks as his likely destination. Either choice, he’d get the opportunity to train with Snyder (assuming he’s still there per MM’s comments) or training in Blacksburg with Ty Walz and Jared Haught. 

31 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

Hard to argue that. I’m hoping for a little WV magic ala Haught and he ends up a hokie. Hard to compete against the facilities at either osu though 

Gonna be hard for lots of schools to compete against tOSU's new facility.  osu on the other hand...they need some help.

4 hours ago, yonz_g said:

I think most agree he'll end up at tOSU, but with Kerkvliet coming in, he'll most likely have to make the cut to 197; don't think he can make 184. Which in turn would also keep Hoffman down at 184. Minor logjam...

True. I meant Hoffman would go 184 or 197, depending on if he came in or not

23 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I pick Penn State for every top recruit until proven otherwise.  Especially if they think he's better than Beard or Nevills the Younger.

He is not better than Beard. Beard is a freak. Beard will win multiple NCAA titles.

37 minutes ago, CTex said:

He is not better than Beard. Beard is a freak. Beard will win multiple NCAA titles.

You might be right... just curious what makes you think that.  197 could be very crowded for the next 5 or 6 years.  Beard, Warner, Hoffman, Ferrari, Amos, Cardenas, Winston all look like very good prospects.  

56 minutes ago, CTex said:

Bold, but I like it. 

There are things he needs to improve on to be a champ, like almost every recruit, but he has the intangibles PSU knows how to leverage. When he is better than a guy, he dominates them. That is rare. 

His pace is great for a big guy, which breaks people too. 

On 4/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, Creek chub said:

I’d guess Ohio State and VT are his likely picks with the bucks as his likely destination. Either choice, he’d get the opportunity to train with Snyder (assuming he’s still there per MM’s comments) or training in Blacksburg with Ty Walz and Jared Haught. 

What's this about Snyder? Did I miss something that he may leave?

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

What's this about Snyder? Did I miss something that he may leave?

In Myles Martin's post-NCAA interview he was asked what his plans are for the future.  He said for at least the next year he plans to train freestyle at Ohio RTC, and he's not quite sure beyond that because he's not sure what Kyle or anyone else's plans are beyond that.  Not sure it means anything, but the fact that he brought up not knowing Kyle's plans at all gave some people a bit of an eyebrow raise.