JC

This may be considered a stupid question. But I gotta ask:

You all, these insights read like a science book. I mean that in a good way! (like sports science)

More insight into wrestling. New for a non-wrestler like myself.

Thanks!

My son is a lefty.  When he started out, all of his coaches, including me, taught him how a righty did things.  I know for me, it was difficult explaining the techniques because I was coming from a right handed perspective trying to teach him how to do everything lefty.

15 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

I dont understand?  Maybe you mean if your "only" shot is a hi-c

No, to me if your best shot is a Hi-c, you put yourself in positions where you are countered more easily than if you took singles and doubles more often than HI-Cs.

if you develop a hi-c more than you develop singles or doubles, it’s kind of like developing a head lock ( the other guy scores too often for it to be your primary attack).

One of the best ways for a righty to demonstrate to a lefty:

Face the athlete as if you were his opponent.  Allow a little more space, especially when demonstrating a penetration.  Execute the technique and have the athlete mimic your movement as if he were looking in a mirror.

Just a tip.

12 hours ago, wildcatfan1992 said:

My son is a lefty.  When he started out, all of his coaches, including me, taught him how a righty did things.  I know for me, it was difficult explaining the techniques because I was coming from a right handed perspective trying to teach him how to do everything lefty.

Did you ever find out who the real father was?

It's funny that Metcalf is mentioned here. I was in the corner as a coach against him in one of his many Fargo finals matches. His left-handed style, particularly in Greco, was very unfamiliar for our guy, and also very successful for Metcalf.

I try to teach everything left-handed for all of the reasons previously mentioned.