Sign in to follow this  
TheJimReaper

Mason Manville OR

47 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Will this usher in the era of the seven year plan?

The seven year plan will work great until we figure out how to implement the 8 year plan.  At that point people will wonder how teams even won before the 8 year plan.

Edited by StallWarning

Manville must have a big closet with all those gray, red, and Olympic shirts he has.
..and he has never really gotten anything out of his hiding.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Will this usher in the era of the seven year plan?

I forget who calculated it, but somebody on here once figured it out, without an injury year. Or a Mormon mission.

It was something like, greyshirt, regular redshirt, 1 year of competing in college, Olympic redshirt, then 3 more years of college.  It can be done. 

I really hate the grayshirt term. It doesn't mean anything. If an athlete chooses not to enroll he takes the risk that whatever deal was on the table might not be there and vice versa if an athlete changes their mind they can just go somewhere else. The term really doesn't make sense for wrestling as a two semester sport. The practice started to let football oversign and bring a kid into school in the second semester and release the 5th year guys.

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Crazy that he could take an Olympic redshirt. I probably have a better chance of making the National team.

LOL

Manville was our World Team Rep in 2017 for Greco. 

as far as I understand Manville's goals, it makes perfect sense for him to take the Olympic year and make his run at the team spot. As for any gaming of the system to prolong eligibility and possibly maybe have a spot in the PSU line-up, meh.

14 hours ago, TobusRex said:

He signed with ASU, right?

Yes, but don’t expect to see him there for a couple of years.  With the current crop of young HWTs, it makes sense for him to take time to work non-Greco aspects of his game