TheJimReaper

Mason Manville OR

6 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Didn't Retherford as a senior wrestle Manville at the Beast while in HS?

Pathetic.

Not sure about Beast, but they did wrestle at Iron Man. Zain was a SR and Manville was a FR.

10 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

He turns 22 in a month, so he will be 26 after his final year (sfter the season ends).   Is there an age limit?   He needs to be one of the oldest.   Ashnault is what, 23 after 6 years?   

Ashnault will turn 24 in June.

Edited by BobDole

What a bunch of whining.  If Manville is ever starting for PSU, you should be happy that PSU has a starter who isn’t likely to AA.  It means Joe Lee or Starocci didn’t develop.  

he isn’t great.  Perpetual 10-20 dude 

Edited by LemonPie

On 4/4/2019 at 8:37 PM, ScarletKnight said:

He turns 22 in a month, so he will be 26 after his final year (sfter the season ends).   Is there an age limit?   He needs to be one of the oldest.   Ashnault is what, 23 after 6 years?   

There is no age limit.

Edited by Plasmodium
Fat fingered

On 4/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, Plasmodium said:

There is no age limit.

There is an age limit for D1 if you never started your clock and weren't in the military.  ASU has a guy who is a 35 year old walk on who never would have been eligible except for the fact he was in the army special forces for like 12+ years or something.  If you just didn't enroll in college and wrestled freestyle or something else, then waited until you were past that age you wouldn't be eligible anymore. The same isn't true for D2, D3 and NAIA.  But there is a limit on age in D1 unless you've been in the army or something for a while.  Some guys have done it successfully or at least looked at it as an option, like when Jake Clark was rumored to be leaving the Marines to wrestle for either Minnesota or ASU.  Or when Randy Couture wrestled at Oklahoma State after an 8 year stint in the army.  

On 4/4/2019 at 10:37 PM, ScarletKnight said:

Did he also redshirt kindergarten or something?  That’s kinda crazy.   “Normal” age to graduate college is 22 right?  So plus grayshirt, redshirt, ORS = 25 so seems like he also got an extra year somewhere else right? 

Not sure why I just randomly thought of this guy.  Will he ever even be a postseason starter for PSU? 

Hopefully he gets some senior level success in Greco.  Didn’t realize he went to Apple Valley, Blair, and Wyoming Seminary in HS and also trained at the OTC.  That’s some really committed parents right there.  

Edited by 1032004

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Johnny Sebastian was wrestling in high school the same time as James green 

How old is Sebastian?  Looks like Sebastian graduated in 2014 and Manville graduated in 2016.  Manville will still have 3 years of eligibility including next year so he’ll probably be older I think.  Hall at least was doing a mission or whatever.   

Manville’s wrestlestat profile is kinda crazy though for last year:  he was 7-9 but 6 of the losses were to All-Americans and 1 was to Trent Hidlay.

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How old is Sebastian?  Looks like Sebastian graduated in 2014 and Manville graduated in 2016.  Manville will still have 3 years of eligibility including next year so he’ll probably be older I think.  Hall at least was doing a mission or whatever.   

Manville’s wrestlestat profile is kinda crazy though for last year:  he was 7-9 but 6 of the losses were to All-Americans and 1 was to Trent Hidlay.

I’m not sure how old he is but I know that the 2010-2011 season was freshman year of high school and Green was a senior that year...now Sebastian still in school and this is the 5th season green is out of college I believe, pretty crazy 

yea he wrestled from 165 to 184, he also had a win over the guy currently ranked 9th at 165 last year, maybe he beats out Joe Lee for the 165 spot next year 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m not sure how old he is but I know that the 2010-2011 season was freshman year of high school and Green was a senior that year...now Sebastian still in school and this is the 5th season green is out of college I believe, pretty crazy 

Sure and you can also say that I believe Manville was a freshman in HS when J’Den Cox was a senior and he’s been out of college since 2017 and Manville still has 3 years after this one.

9 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Not sure if this is Manville's second Olympic redshirt or not, but I believe Micic is taking his second Olympic redshirt this year so two Olympic redshirts seems to be a possibility.

Micic is only a year older then Manville, I think manville Olympic redshirted, greyshirted, redshirted, then wrestled now Olympic again 

and I believe manville was a 19 year old senior 

Edited by Antitroll2828

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Micic is only a year older then Manville, I think manville Olympic redshirted, greyshirted, redshirted, then wrestled now Olympic again 

and I believe manville was a 19 year old senior 

You might be right about their relative ages, but my understanding of grey shirt would make your timeline impossible also going back and checking it out Manville was a graduating senior for the last olympics.     A grey shirt means deferring enrollment in college.  This works because the eligibility clock doesn’t start until you are enrolled so the 5 year clock doesn’t start.  Once you enrolled the clock starts and greyshirting would be impossible.  In other words you can’t greyshirt after you redshirt.  If you didn’t enroll the year after redshirting you would lose a year of eligibility.  Below is Manville’s status each of the last 5 years.

Senior year HS 2015-2016

Greyshirt (not enrolled in college) 2016-2017

Redshirt (True freshman)  2017-2018

Competed (redshirt freshman) 2018-2019

Olympic redshirt (3rd year sophomore) 2019-2020

19 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

yea he wrestled from 165 to 184, he also had a win over the guy currently ranked 9th at 165 last year, maybe he beats out Joe Lee for the 165 spot next year 

This is correct; however, Green opted out of a RS, while Sebastian used one. Regardless of the medical year, there would have been a 4 year difference, as opposed to the 3 year HS difference.