Sign in to follow this  
RED

Pittsburgh Ticket Scalpers

With all the talk about the ticket shortage prior to NCAA's and all the people hoping to get tickets upon arrival, I was wondering, just how bad were the prices on the street?  Curious if anyone who was forced to head out without tickets met with success upon their arrival or found themselves raked over the coals?

3 hours ago, Super32Challenge said:

I sat in section 122,  Row M.  Two guys beside me paid $240 total and traded in their high upper level  tickets for just the semis.  Those seats were on the end (closest to center) behind mat 8.      

Are you saying They paid to a scalper $240 for a full set of tickets, not great tickets, but about what the tickets were thru a school. 

52 minutes ago, RichB said:

Are you saying They paid to a scalper $240 for a full set of tickets, not great tickets, but about what the tickets were thru a school. 

I could have worded it better

2 Semifinal upper levels tickets AND $240  --- in return they got 2 semifinal tickets in the section I mentioned behind mat 8.   They would try to upgrade theirs seats each round. 

Evidently a scalper had the whole book of tickets for the 2 seats beside me.   A new set of people sat next to me each round. 

Edited by Super32Challenge

Finals broke the scalpers with too much supply and no real demand. I gave an extra final ticket away for free when I couldn't sell it for 75. Scalpers offered 30 so I gave it away. 

Paid $125 ea. for upper deck for finals. $130 ea. for round 2 lower bowl middle section. Probably overpaid, but not well-positioned to know what the market prices are.

Incidentally, the worst people to work with were the middle-aged, white fans trying to unload extras. I thought that's where I'd get a deal, but several I can across wanted $200 ea. for upper deck - even for round 5 - and walked away when I tried to negotiate. The "professional" scalpers were much more reasonable to work with.

This is what happens when vendors took all the good seats, they gave tickets away to people that were not true wrestling fans. As they had nothing out of pocket many of those tickets were sold on the street or people failed to show up. There were multiple empty seats each session, not complete sections however there were open seats throughout the arena.

We had friends buy tickets on the street and as other people said there was no demand and cheap prices. They paid less than face most sessions and finals tickets were $50.00 for lowers. Semi's cost them $75.00 for ok upper bowl seats.