Jimmy Cinnabon

Calling it now - Kollin Moore is the 2020 197 pound champ

With Nickal gone Moore is 1st in line at 197.  He will dominate his way to his first title.

My way too early 2020 champ predictions:

125 Lee

133 Fix

141 Yianni

149 Kolodzik

157 Hidlay

165 Joseph

174 Valencia

184 Dean

197 Moore

285 Steveson

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

To show just how dominant PSU has been, this upcoming season could be the 1st time PSU doesn't have an Individual Champ since 2010 which, coincidentally, was Sanderson's first year there. Also, over that span, they had MULTIPLE Champs every year but 2(2011 and 2015).

125:  Lee

133:  Suriano- I want to pick Gross, but I need to know where he is going to be and see if he has fully recovered.

141:  Yianni

149:  Sasso

157:  Hidlay

165:  Lewis

174:  Amine

184:  Zahid

197:  Darmstadt

285:  Steveson

7 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

To show just how dominant PSU has been, this upcoming season could be the 1st time PSU doesn't have an Individual Champ since 2010 which, coincidentally, was Sanderson's first year there. Also, over that span, they had MULTIPLE Champs every year but 2(2011 and 2015).

Another way of looking at this is that if you compare all the great wrestlers that have graduated PSU and Ohio State in the past two years, plus those wrestlers that return, PSU is getting a lot more Individual Champions.

Ohio State - Snyder 3x, Bo Jordan 0x, Micah 0x, NaTo 1x, MyMar 1x, McKenna 0x, Pletcher 0x, Kollin Moore 0x. Moore and Pletecher can still get one. One multi timer and 5 in total. 

PSU - Nolf 3x, Nickal 3x, Mark Hall 1x, Cenzo 2x, Zain 3x, Cassar 1x, That's 4 multi timers and 13 titles in total. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Another way of looking at this is that if you compare all the great wrestlers that have graduated PSU and Ohio State in the past two years, plus those wrestlers that return, PSU is getting a lot more Individual Champions.

Ohio State - Snyder 3x, Bo Jordan 0x, Micah 0x, NaTo 1x, MyMar 1x, McKenna 0x, Pletcher 0x, Kollin Moore 0x. Moore and Pletecher can still get one. One multi timer and 5 in total. 

PSU - Nolf 3x, Nickal 3x, Mark Hall 1x, Cenzo 2x, Zain 3x, Cassar 1x, That's 4 multi timers and 13 titles in total. 

To be fair, PSU definitely produces Champs at a crazy high rate, but you should still expand that to list all finishes considering the guys you listed for tOSU still had consistently high finishes while wrestling for tOSU.

-Snyder(2,1,1,1), BoJo(3,3,2,5), Micah(R12,4,6,2), NaTo(1,3,3,3), MyMar(1,5,2,3), McKenna(3,2), Pletcher([2-2],4,4,?), Moore(3,4,2,?) 

Every finish was top 5 except for 2 freshmen performance where both, similar to McIntosh wrestled less than ideal weight classes to help the team(Micah and Pletcher).

PSU- Nolf(2,1,1,1), Nickal(2,1,1,1), Hall(1,2,2,?), Joseph(1,1,2,?), Zain(5,1,1,1) and Cassar(X,X,X,1,? and maybe another ?) 

Zain, Nolf and Nickal are quite possibly the best wrestlers PSU has ever had and have strong arguments to be in the top 10 of DI All Time.  Snyder is the only guy tOSU ever had that was at their level from the beginning, except for maybe BoJo at the very beginning.

2022 picks

125- McHenry over Foley (redshirt at some point)

133- Arujau over Glory

141- RBY over Demas

149- Sasso over Artalona

157- Carr over Mauller

165- Teemer over Kharchla 

174- Lewis over Hidlay

184- Brooks over Plott

197- Beard over Ferrari

Hwt- Steveson over Parris

Darmstadt has some ground to cover if he plans  on knocking off Moore.

Moore’s style has not matched up well with Darmstadt ever since and dating back to when Moore pinned him in the State Finals in high school.

Moore is the clear favorite at 197 IMO. I would say Conel could stand in his way but after I saw Moore take him down at Will in freestyle last summer.... I no longer think that’s the case.

10 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

Darmstadt has some ground to cover if he plans  on knocking off Moore.

Moore’s style has not matched up well with Darmstadt ever since and dating back to when Moore pinned him in the State Finals in high school.

Moore is the clear favorite at 197 IMO. I would say Conel could stand in his way but after I saw Moore take him down at Will in freestyle last summer.... I no longer think that’s the case.

With a fractured vertebra, Darmstadt lost to Moore 7-4 in the NCAA consi semifinals.  Moore chose neutral to start the second period (seems like Moore didn't think his style matched up well with Darmstadt's at that moment).

9 hours ago, klehner said:

With a fractured vertebra, Darmstadt lost to Moore 7-4 in the NCAA consi semifinals.  Moore chose neutral to start the second period (seems like Moore didn't think his style matched up well with Darmstadt's at that moment).

Why don’t you state the takedown comparison between the 2 that match to go along with the 7-4 score you thought was relevant?

May help ya understand why Moore chose neutral, and would 100 out of 100 times. Why go on the mat with Darmstadt when you dominate him from your feet? Pretty simple logic actually.

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

Why don’t you state the takedown comparison between the 2 that match to go along with the 7-4 score you thought was relevant?

May help ya understand why Moore chose neutral, and would 100 out of 100 times. Why go on the mat with Darmstadt when you dominate him from your feet? Pretty simple logic actually.

You win.  Darmstadt doesn’t stand a chance.