Jimmy Cinnabon

Calling it now - Kollin Moore is the 2020 197 pound champ

On 4/4/2019 at 11:52 PM, Aviator12 said:

Darmstadt has some ground to cover if he plans  on knocking off Moore.

Moore’s style has not matched up well with Darmstadt ever since and dating back to when Moore pinned him in the State Finals in high school.

Moore is the clear favorite at 197 IMO. I would say Conel could stand in his way but after I saw Moore take him down at Will in freestyle last summer.... I no longer think that’s the case.

Fake news.   They competed in different divisions. They wrestled at a tournament called the Bill Dies Memorial but never at state. Moore won handily but not by fall.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:52 PM, Cradle1 said:

Fake news.   They competed in different divisions. They wrestled at a tournament called the Bill Dies Memorial but never at state. Moore won handily but not by fall.

He didn’t pin him eh? Fake news

http://www.thepostnewspapers.com/northern_wayne/sports/norwayne_sports/moore-wins-anticipated-showdown-with-ease/article_bfcc0f86-492a-57e3-bb19-8a4ca720ce40.html

And yes it was at the DIES tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-daily-record.com/article/20150315/SPORTS/303159606%3ftemplate=ampart

Edited by Aviator12

Amother article blurb for those who do t want to click entire article..

“The marquee matchup of the day -- a faceoff between two of the state's best in the 182 -- turned out to be lopsided.

Norwayne's Kollin Moore, an Ohio State commit, pinned Elyria's Ben Darmstadt, a Cornell commit, in 3:51. Darmstadt was the runner-up in the state tournament last year, and Moore is a two-time runner-up. But Moore dominated throughout the match.

"I was a lot better on my feet and just exploding through my shots," Moore said. "Ben's a really good wrestler so I got really mentally focused for the match."

Moore's coach was most impressed with the wrestling IQ put on display.” It was great planning for him to turn him with double arm bars," coach Brent Murray said. "We knew Darmstadt is very good with his hips and he likes to roll. Different opportunities he could have ran halves and he was smart enough not to do them in fear that he would roll us. The kid is very, very intelligent when it comes to wrestling."

Can't argue with a plan to 'turn him with double arm bars' - its, no doubt, a great plan regardless of wrestling IQ.

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

Amother article blurb for those who do t want to click entire article..

“The marquee matchup of the day -- a faceoff between two of the state's best in the 182 -- turned out to be lopsided.

Norwayne's Kollin Moore, an Ohio State commit, pinned Elyria's Ben Darmstadt, a Cornell commit, in 3:51. Darmstadt was the runner-up in the state tournament last year, and Moore is a two-time runner-up. But Moore dominated throughout the match.

"I was a lot better on my feet and just exploding through my shots," Moore said. "Ben's a really good wrestler so I got really mentally focused for the match."

Moore's coach was most impressed with the wrestling IQ put on display.” It was great planning for him to turn him with double arm bars," coach Brent Murray said. "We knew Darmstadt is very good with his hips and he likes to roll. Different opportunities he could have ran halves and he was smart enough not to do them in fear that he would roll us. The kid is very, very intelligent when it comes to wrestling."

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth