Sign in to follow this  
Nicky_Pipes

Imagine... Dake vs. Chamizo at 74kg

Both wrestlers are known for the crazy shot defense and scrambling ability that extends situations. Dake is usually good for at least 1 Dake-Bomb per match and has a world class gut.  Frank is savvy on the mat and can score from just about any position. How do you think this match plays out? is this the first virtual match-up that Dake is favored in?

Frank Chamizo is still kind of a smallish 74, isn't he? It's hard to tell sometimes, but my knee-jerk reaction is that Dake would have a huge size and strength advantage even if he had to cut down to 74 with same day weigh-ins. Chamizo would have to win it on his feet with his speed and explosiveness, and try not to get muscled OOB on pushouts or put on the shot clock for not controlling the center of the mat. Chamizo also kind of got handled by JB last month, I think he only scored off of a pushout while handfighting on the edge and on a penalty point, so I'd go with Dake.

7 minutes ago, pamela said:

I think a Chamizo - JO (non-exhibition) match would be fun.

We saw that at BTS 2 years ago, Chamizo had a come from behind win. we could see this at the world championships if Dake goes 74kg and dethrones JB this year. 

1 minute ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

We saw that at BTS 2 years ago, Chamizo had a come from behind win. we could see this at the world championships if Dake goes 74kg and dethrones JB this year. 

Yah, that's why I mentioned non-exhibition, it's hard to put a lot of weight into the results sometimes. I think JO was able to get to Chamizo's legs and almost laced him too. Lots of offense both ways, it was great.

4 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Chamizo is slowing down a bit. Dake just might tech him even as the match is entertaining.

I don't think it has to do with age. I think it's more for lifestyle reasons and going up in weight considerably. He seems to enjoy NYC nightlife a lot, and I don't blame him. It's probably not an ideal situation for training though.

I think people forget KD just had a kid, I remember each time JB had a kid he lost.  He is also coaching so this might be taking away from some of his focus on wrestling.

I just can't help but remember JB coaching and having a kid.  This is major distraction from your wrestling to be in top physical mental mindset.  These things could really

hamper KD.

Only time will tell and we will see.  I think KD is awesome and KD would beat Chamizo but only by a small margin 

Is there any confirmation that Dake is going down for the world's?  I know that people tend to before the Olympic year, but I for some reason think he stays up, unless confirmed.  I do however think he goes down for the Olympics, and as much as it pains me to say it, I think this time he dethrones JB. The only thing, and I think it could happen to him or JB, is injury.  Both have had their fair share the last few years. 

8 minutes ago, Rhackler said:

Lots of people picking Dake in a fantasy matchup.

Is that just an extension of April 1st?

In fantasy matchups, Taylor always beats Dake, and Dake always beats Burroughs.  It’s just the way it is. 

1 minute ago, Katie said:

In fantasy matchups, Taylor always beats Dake, and Dake always beats Burroughs.  It’s just the way it is. 

Huh.  I always thought that Dake just loses fantasy matches straight up.  This probably should be codified somewhere.

How do we account for Chamizo?

On 4/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, scramble said:

Is there any confirmation that Dake is going down for the world's?  I know that people tend to before the Olympic year, but I for some reason think he stays up, unless confirmed.  I do however think he goes down for the Olympics, and as much as it pains me to say it, I think this time he dethrones JB. The only thing, and I think it could happen to him or JB, is injury.  Both have had their fair share the last few years. 

He's not going to Pan-Ams, which all the other world medal winners are.  If he was staying a 79kg this year, I would think he'd want the seeding points.  Suggests he has a different plan.

Jordan Burroughs is a freak of nature.  I have no idea how a man can stay at that level for this long in this day and age...and somehow I get the feeling we saw this play out with Monday and Schultz.  By the way, Burroughs/Dake could wind up dwarfing Schultz/Monday if that gives you any idea how special these two are.