Jump to content
Wrestlingbcpc

Your States top 3, college career only, 2000 to present

Recommended Posts

Top 3 in college; high school and international excluded, 2000 to present.  I am probably wrong on this quick throw, but for example:   New York- Dake, Nickerson and Gwiazdowski (Yanni has to wait two years), Pennsylvania- Ruth, Retherford and Nolf.  NJ- Mocco, Hahn and  Burroughs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CA Champions since 2000: Abas (1,1...post-2000), Tirapelle (3,2,1),  Munoz (3,1), Pendleton (3,1,1), Moore (1 OW), Varner (2,2,1,1),  Delgado (7,1,1), Garrett (3,2,5,1), Martinez (1,1,2,2), Valencia (3,1,1,?)

Gonna have to say some kind of combination of Abas, Pendleton, Varner and Martinez

- Would probably add Z. Valencia once his career is over.

edit: Interesting note is that Pendleton and Martinez competed for the same HS (Lemoore).

Edited by yonz_g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

 

PA 

1 and 1a are Zain Retherford and Jason Nolf

3. Probably Greg Jones (HM: Jake Herbert, Cenzo) 

 

Jones was phenomenal. I still see Ruth with a college career of 3-1-1-1. (Freshman year injured to 3rd) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wrestlingbcpc said:

Jones was phenomenal. I still see Ruth with a college career of 3-1-1-1. (Freshman year injured to 3rd) 

Oh yeah, I got to edit now. I put two Penn Staters at the top and just started thinking of non Penn Staters at that point. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, yonz_g said:

CA Champions since 2000: Abas (1,1...post-2000), Tirapelle (3,2,1),  Munoz (3,1), Pendleton (3,1,1), Moore (1 OW), Varner (2,2,1,1),  Delgado (7,1,1), Garrett (3,2,5,1), Martinez (1,1,2,2), Valencia (3,1,1,?)

Gonna have to say some kind of combination of Abas, Pendleton, Varner and Martinez

- Would probably add Z. Valencia once his career is over.

edit: Interesting note is that Pendleton and Martinez competed for the same HS (Lemoore).

CA- Abas (4-1-1-1); Varner (2-2-1-1); iMart (1-1-2-2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Katie said:
18 minutes ago, yonz_g said:

 

CA- Abas (4-1-1-1); Varner (2-2-1-1); iMart (1-1-2-2)

That’s powerful from the West Coast.  Abas one of the smoothest takedown machines. 

Edited by Wrestlingbcpc
Misspelled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MN

1. Mark Hall (1,2,2,?)

2. Jayson Ness(5,2,3,1 and Hodge)

3. Luke Becker(6,4,1,4)

 

Honorable mention Seth Gross (DNP,2,1,?) and Tony Nelson (7,1,1,2)

 

SD

1. Storely(6,4,3,4)

2. Kokesh (DNP,3,4,3)

3. Lesnar?? (Juco-1,D1-2,1)

 

I’m sure there can be arguments for others or someone I overlooked, but it’s fun to discuss.

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4awrestler said:

MN
1. Mark Hall
2. Jayson Ness
3. Luke Becker

Honorable mention Seth Gross and Tony Nelson

SD
1. Storely
2. Kokesh
3. Lesnar??

I’m sure there can be arguments for others or someone I overlooked, but it’s fun to discuss.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like these lists! If the question is asking if Lesnar is from SD, then the answer is yes; he's from the same town as Storley. If the question is asking if he should be on the list, the answer is also yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I like these lists! If the question is asking if Lesnar is from SD, then the answer is yes; he's from the same town as Storley. If the question is asking if he should be on the list, the answer is also yes.


I know he’s from South Dakota I was more saying that I wasn’t sure if someone else had a better college resume since 2000 from SD


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yonz_g said:

I like these lists! If the question is asking if Lesnar is from SD, then the answer is yes; he's from the same town as Storley. If the question is asking if he should be on the list, the answer is also yes.

What is the town like?  I’m from the east coast and have never been to the Dakotas. Is their town farm land and sparse or nicely populated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yonz_g said:

CA Champions since 2000: Abas (1,1...post-2000), Tirapelle (3,2,1),  Munoz (3,1), Pendleton (3,1,1), Moore (1 OW), Varner (2,2,1,1),  Delgado (7,1,1), Garrett (3,2,5,1), Martinez (1,1,2,2), Valencia (3,1,1,?)

Gonna have to say some kind of combination of Abas, Pendleton, Varner and Martinez

- Would probably add Z. Valencia once his career is over.

edit: Interesting note is that Pendleton and Martinez competed for the same HS (Lemoore).

Another interesting note is that at the 2010 CA State Tournament, freshman Isaiha Martinez from Lemoore beat senior Jesse Delgado (Gilroy) for 3rd place at 125lbs (12 -3 major)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

 


I know he’s from South Dakota I was more saying that I wasn’t sure if someone else had a better college resume since 2000 from SD


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I'd still include him; total freak of nature. 

I have to say that Kokesh v. Storley is one of my favorite rivalries of all time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Another interesting note is that at the 2010 CA State Tournament, freshman Isaiha Martinez from Lemoore beat senior Jesse Delgado (Gilroy) for 3rd place at 125lbs (12 -3 major)

Love it. That same year, Varner won his second NCAA title, and Nahshon won his first state title at 103.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×