Wrestlingbcpc

Your States top 3, college career only, 2000 to present

Top 3 in college; high school and international excluded, 2000 to present.  I am probably wrong on this quick throw, but for example:   New York- Dake, Nickerson and Gwiazdowski (Yanni has to wait two years), Pennsylvania- Ruth, Retherford and Nolf.  NJ- Mocco, Hahn and  Burroughs. 

CA Champions since 2000: Abas (1,1...post-2000), Tirapelle (3,2,1),  Munoz (3,1), Pendleton (3,1,1), Moore (1 OW), Varner (2,2,1,1),  Delgado (7,1,1), Garrett (3,2,5,1), Martinez (1,1,2,2), Valencia (3,1,1,?)

Gonna have to say some kind of combination of Abas, Pendleton, Varner and Martinez

- Would probably add Z. Valencia once his career is over.

edit: Interesting note is that Pendleton and Martinez competed for the same HS (Lemoore).

Edited by yonz_g

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

PA 

1 and 1a are Zain Retherford and Jason Nolf

3. Probably Greg Jones (HM: Jake Herbert, Cenzo) 

Jones was phenomenal. I still see Ruth with a college career of 3-1-1-1. (Freshman year injured to 3rd) 

12 minutes ago, Wrestlingbcpc said:

Jones was phenomenal. I still see Ruth with a college career of 3-1-1-1. (Freshman year injured to 3rd) 

Oh yeah, I got to edit now. I put two Penn Staters at the top and just started thinking of non Penn Staters at that point. 

Edited by TBar1977

14 minutes ago, yonz_g said:

CA Champions since 2000: Abas (1,1...post-2000), Tirapelle (3,2,1),  Munoz (3,1), Pendleton (3,1,1), Moore (1 OW), Varner (2,2,1,1),  Delgado (7,1,1), Garrett (3,2,5,1), Martinez (1,1,2,2), Valencia (3,1,1,?)

Gonna have to say some kind of combination of Abas, Pendleton, Varner and Martinez

edit: Interesting note is that Pendleton and Martinez competed for the same HS (Lemoore).

CA- Abas (4-1-1-1); Varner (2-2-1-1); iMart (1-1-2-2)

3 minutes ago, Katie said:
18 minutes ago, yonz_g said:

CA- Abas (4-1-1-1); Varner (2-2-1-1); iMart (1-1-2-2)

That’s powerful from the West Coast.  Abas one of the smoothest takedown machines. 

Edited by Wrestlingbcpc
Misspelled

MN

1. Mark Hall (1,2,2,?)

2. Jayson Ness(5,2,3,1 and Hodge)

3. Luke Becker(6,4,1,4)

Honorable mention Seth Gross (DNP,2,1,?) and Tony Nelson (7,1,1,2)

SD

1. Storely(6,4,3,4)

2. Kokesh (DNP,3,4,3)

3. Lesnar?? (Juco-1,D1-2,1)

I’m sure there can be arguments for others or someone I overlooked, but it’s fun to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, 4awrestler said:

MN
1. Mark Hall
2. Jayson Ness
3. Luke Becker

Honorable mention Seth Gross and Tony Nelson

SD
1. Storely
2. Kokesh
3. Lesnar??

I’m sure there can be arguments for others or someone I overlooked, but it’s fun to discuss.

I like these lists! If the question is asking if Lesnar is from SD, then the answer is yes; he's from the same town as Storley. If the question is asking if he should be on the list, the answer is also yes.

I like these lists! If the question is asking if Lesnar is from SD, then the answer is yes; he's from the same town as Storley. If the question is asking if he should be on the list, the answer is also yes.

I know he’s from South Dakota I was more saying that I wasn’t sure if someone else had a better college resume since 2000 from SD

1 minute ago, yonz_g said:

What is the town like?  I’m from the east coast and have never been to the Dakotas. Is their town farm land and sparse or nicely populated? 

1 hour ago, yonz_g said:

Another interesting note is that at the 2010 CA State Tournament, freshman Isaiha Martinez from Lemoore beat senior Jesse Delgado (Gilroy) for 3rd place at 125lbs (12 -3 major)

5 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

I know he’s from South Dakota I was more saying that I wasn’t sure if someone else had a better college resume since 2000 from SD

I'd still include him; total freak of nature. 

I have to say that Kokesh v. Storley is one of my favorite rivalries of all time!

3 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Another interesting note is that at the 2010 CA State Tournament, freshman Isaiha Martinez from Lemoore beat senior Jesse Delgado (Gilroy) for 3rd place at 125lbs (12 -3 major)

Love it. That same year, Varner won his second NCAA title, and Nahshon won his first state title at 103.