Wrestlingbcpc

Your States top 3, college career only, 2000 to present

11 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Oh yeah, I got to edit now. I put two Penn Staters at the top and just started thinking of non Penn Staters at that point. 

Edited by pennsyrules
not relevant to title.

Wisconsin is gonna be near the top, 12 AA's, 7 NC's, 3 runner ups, 3 Hodges out of their top 3 guys:

1). Ringer (3, 1, 1, 1)

2). Askren (2,2,1,1)

3). King Cole (4, 2, 1, 1)

That is pretty studly, but as someone mentioned PA with Nolf, Retherford and Ruth they have 9 NCs, 12 AAs and 2 Hodges, you could argue Nolf is probably the best never to win Hodge and Ruth is probably another one that could be added to that list as one of the best to not win the Hodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

That is pretty studly, but as someone mentioned PA with Nolf, Retherford and Ruth they have 9 NCs, 12 AAs and 2 Hodges, you could argue Nolf is probably the best never to win Hodge and Ruth is probably another one that could be added to that list as one of the best to not win the Hodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did say near the top for a reason!  Plus one could argue King Cole would have won a Hodge if not for fellow Wisconsinite Askren.

7 hours ago, Perry said:

Missouri is probably zach bailey (even though he was severely injured in his college career he did beat Kyle dake), eirmann and of course Jden Cox 

I would include Houdashelt, Lewis or Waters  over Bailey. Bailey went X-X-4-7 vs. X-6-5-1 for Houdashelt. Lewis went 4-6-4-4, whereas Waters was X-X-4-3. Dom Bradley and Mark Ellis would also be in contention as Bradley went X-X-3-4 and Ellis went X-X-1-6. I would go with Houdashelt as the third, but it is close.

4 hours ago, Sean Mael said:

I would include Houdashelt, Lewis or Waters  over Bailey. Bailey went X-X-4-7 vs. X-6-5-1 for Houdashelt. Lewis went 4-6-4-4, whereas Waters was X-X-4-3. Dom Bradley and Mark Ellis would also be in contention as Bradley went X-X-3-4 and Ellis went X-X-1-6. I would go with Houdashelt as the third, but it is close.

Cody Brewer would probably be above all of those guys with 8-7-1-3.

Virginia has had three champs in the 2000s (pretty sure anyway) so that makes at pretty simple then:

Carl Perry

Byron Tucker

Bubba Jenkins

HM: Stith, Dance, Epperly, Frishkorn ?? 

12 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Where I spent a lot of growing up years and attended college - before and after Military service.

Utah

Cael Sanderson

Aaron Holker

Ben Ojai or Reed Fehlburg

2000 onward. Dropping those guys I think Cody Sanderson is on your list. 

1 hour ago, gowrestle said:

New Jersey 

1. Joe DeBuque, Indiana 

2. Don Pritzlaff, Wisconsin 

3. Nick Suriano, Rutgers

Damion Hahn (5,5,1,1) doesn't make your list?  Pritzlaff was 6,5,1,1; DeBuque was 8,1,1

8 minutes ago, Perry said:

Forgot some of the MO guys. Think the list should be:

1. Jden Cox

2. Cody brewer 

3. Drake houdashelt

This is how I would have it, as well. J'den is clear number 1. Brewer as a 4x AA and a champ puts him above all the others. Lewis is the only other 4x AA but I think Drake's championship puts him a notch above.

Eierman being a 3x AA (5, 4, 3, ?) without a title has him behind both Lewis and Drake. Some may put him behind Ellis right now due to his championship, but I wouldn't. If Eierman wins a title after returning from Oly RS, he would jump up to #2. If he gets second, there would be some debate whether he jumps Drake or not. If he gets 3-6, I would say he slides into the #4 spot.