FriendlyCamper

Christian "Twitter Fingers" Pyles

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Grey shirting is the year off after hs. A second year off can result in loss of a year eligibility.

as someone who actually got a grey shirt, I think I trust myself on this one... and not you, ya ignorant bum!

10 hours ago, BigD236 said:

How college wrestling is going we will not see any parity. PSU, Ohio St, Iowa, or Okie St. will be the only schools winning National Championships in the next 10 yrs. The rich get richer with the RTC and the amount of money being generated. Having kids grey shirt then red shirt (or getting a 6th yr) is going to become the norm. I have a hard time believing kids grey shirting aren’t getting any financial help through RTC or alumni, might be wrong. We will see a few schools enter the top 4, but can’t sustain or improve. aka: NCS, Mich...  I see Iowa St, Minn and Cornell making runs at top 4 but not winning it.  

Fire away!

Ummm, you know you like 10 schools ever have won an NCAA championship...right? 

13 hours ago, BigD236 said:

NCAA must have it wrong on there website. 

The NCAA's little blurb is correct.  It is correct that athletes have a five year clock to complete four years of eligibility.  But @GockeS took that to mean something completely different.  Basically he applied the NAIA's method of calculating eligibility.  Probably because he has heard it said before.

13 hours ago, GockeS said:

so what is correct.

I have marked the section in red From the NCAA's current Division-I Manual that applies to this discussion:

2.8.3.2 Delayed Enrollment—Seasons of Competition.
2.8.3.2.1 Sports Other Than Men’s Ice Hockey, Skiing and Tennis. In sports other than men’s ice
hockey, skiing and tennis, a student-athlete who does not enroll in a collegiate institution as a full-time student
in a regular academic term during a one-year time period after his or her high school graduation date

or the graduation date of his or her class (as determined by the first year of high school enrollment or the
international equivalent as specified in the NCAA Guide to International Academic Standards for Athletics Eligibility and based on the prescribed educational path in the student-athlete’s country), whichever occurs
earlier, shall be subject to the following: (Adopted: 1/9/96 effective 8/1/97, Revised: 4/29/04 effective 8/1/04,
4/20/09, 4/29/10 effective 8/1/11 applicable to student-athletes who initially enroll full time in a collegiate institution
on or after 8/1/11, 7/31/14)
(a) The student-athlete shall be charged with a season of intercollegiate eligibility for each calendar year
after the one-year time period (the next opportunity to enroll after one calendar year has elapsed)
and prior to full-time collegiate enrollment during which the student-athlete has participated in
organized competition per Bylaw 12.02.9
(b) After the one-year time period, if the student-athlete has engaged in competition per Bylaw 12.02.9,
on matriculation at the certifying institution, the student-athlete must fulfill an academic year of
residence before being eligible to represent the institution in intercollegiate competition.
12.8.3.2.1.1 Exception—National/International Competition. For a maximum of one year
after a prospective student-athlete’s first opportunity to enroll full time in a collegiate institution following
the one-year time period after his or her high school graduation date or the graduation date of
his or her class, whichever occurs earlier, participation in the following organized national/international
competition is exempt from application of Bylaw 12.8.3.2.1: (Adopted: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11, Revised:
1/14/12, 7/31/14, 4/25/18 effective 8/1/18 applicable to a student-athlete who initially enrolls full time in
a collegiate institution on or after 8/1/18)
(a) Official Olympic Games, Pan American Games, World Championships, World Cup, World
University Games (Universiade) and World University Championships competition or the junior
level equivalents (e.g., Youth Olympic Games, U20 World Cup, junior national teams);
(b) Officially recognized competition from which participants may directly qualify for final tryouts
for a national team that will participate in the Olympic Games, Pan American Games,
World Championships, World Cup or World University Games (Universiade), World University
Championships or the junior level equivalents (e.g., Youth Olympic Games, U20 World
Cup, junior national teams) and final tryout competition from which participants are selected
for such teams; or
(c) Official competition involving a national team sponsored by the appropriate national governing
body of the U.S. Olympic Committee (or, for student-athletes representing another nation, the
equivalent organization of that nation).
12.8.3.2.1.2 Service Exceptions. Participation in organized competition during time spent in the
armed services, on official religious missions or with recognized foreign aid services of the U.S. government
is exempt from the application of Bylaw 12.8.3.2.1.
(Adopted: 4/25/18 may be applied retroactively
to a student-athlete with eligibility remaining in his or her five-year period of eligibility)