CoachWrestling

Who will Maryland hire?

4 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

They’d be a shoe in for last in the B1G for at least the next 10 years if they hire him. 

I’m not saying that... he may be an awesome coach, but he just doesn’t really have that name recognition or proven head coaching experience yet. It will take even an amazing coach about 4 years to rebuild that program unless they are such a big name that they can draw a bunch of big recruits/transfers right away.

So the real question is, if it’s not Clemson, how does this effect Dr Strange’s legacy as the wrestling world’s great predictor??

Edited by Lurker

11 minutes ago, Frank Castle said:

This AD is clearly showing his inability to make a decision. What a freaking issue.   Clemsen was the guy in my mind who will make a change and not care about doing it.  

Perhaps you and other people on this thread are higher on Clemson than most others.

Edited by olddirty

How is Clemson way over do. There are much better choices out there, like Jagger's,  Perry  Pritzlaff . Clemson is not recognizable  by recruits. If they ever want to get out of the bottom they better hire somebody that is recognizable by the recruits

22 minutes ago, justafan said:

Maryland has offered a good amount of $ they're trying to get a good coach.I don't think they realized how hard it would be to get a good coach at Maryland for under $200,000

They screwed themselves by lowballing at least one guy, then coming back too late.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

So the real question is, if it’s not Clemson, how does this effect Dr Strange’s legacy as the wrestling world’s great predictor??

I'm worried. Come on Alex. I need this. 

Perhaps they are paying what they can afford?  They have a group of coaches who won national championships but pretty much suck at football and basketball.  They won't break the bank on a wrestling coach for a team that finished last in the conference and then have to increase everybody else's salaries.  Rutgers doesn't have that problem with on national championship in 1949 in fencing. 

This was posted earlier:

Reese (W. Lacrosse) was either a player or coach for 11 or their 13 (5 as the head coach) - $178,500.00

Cirovski (Men's Soccer) has won 3 titles - 2005, 2008, and 2018 - $210,120.00

Meharg ( Field Hockey) has won 7 national titles  - $175,404.00

40 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Perhaps they are paying what they can afford?  They have a group of coaches who won national championships but pretty much suck at football and basketball.  They won't break the bank on a wrestling coach for a team that finished last in the conference and then have to increase everybody else's salaries.  Rutgers doesn't have that problem with on national championship in 1949 in fencing. 

This was posted earlier:

Reese (W. Lacrosse) was either a player or coach for 11 or their 13 (5 as the head coach) - $178,500.00

The first offers were just insulting and the highest is still much lower than any of these.

55 minutes ago, Sparky said:

This was posted earlier:

And how much does Rutgers pay their fencing coach again?

On 4/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, Twochamps said:

How is Clemson way over do. There are much better choices out there, like Jagger's,  Perry  Pritzlaff . Clemson is not recognizable  by recruits. If they ever want to get out of the bottom they better hire somebody that is recognizable by the recruits

If being a wrestling coach was all about being recognizable to recruits, then Brian Smith (just to use a wrestling example, coincidentally Alex Clemsen's current boss) would've been a complete and total flop in Columbia. C'mon man, you can do better than that...

6 hours ago, Sparky said:

Looks like they pay zero.  Rutgers dropped fencing over a decade ago. 

Pretty sure fencing is not an NCAA sport. Does title XI apply to club sports? I also assume there were no fencing scholarships

Pretty sure fencing is not a NCAA sport sa. Does title XI apply to club sports? I also assume there were no fencing scholarships

Fencing is a NCAA sanctioned sport. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Fencing is a NCAA sanctioned sport. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh well, I never sanctioned it.

In my defense, I was completely ignorant and threw out a bold and completely false statement.  Seems like a strategy that should get me far in life