CoachWrestling

Who will Maryland hire?

26 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I’ve heard a bunch of names, but to my knowledge they haven’t made a pick yet. 

Scott Moore I think was their first pick but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen

A big 10 program needs to get a better brand name than scott moore. that would be a huge failure by their athletic directors. 

No one heard of Scott Goodale when Rutgers hired him and look at the outstanding job he has done. Scott Moore has been “lights out” for Lock Haven as he has resurrected that program from the ashes. I know that the current Lock Haven President wants to keep Moore and I hope he succeeds. However, if Moore gets the nod from Maryland, no doubt his name recognition will skyrocket!

10 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

No one heard of Scott Goodale when Rutgers hired him and look at the outstanding job he has done. Scott Moore has been “lights out” for Lock Haven as he has resurrected that program from the ashes. I know that the current Lock Haven President wants to keep Moore and I hope he succeeds. However, if Moore gets the nod from Maryland, no doubt his name recognition will skyrocket!

Fair enough, but Goodale was a NJ High School wrestling legend and had a ton of connections in the NJ wrestling community which have helped a TON with recruiting. I remember Scott Moore as a tough as nails competitor who has done a great job with LHU. Just wonder if he will be able to draw the kind of recruits that you need to compete in the Big 14

48 minutes ago, DrStrange said:

Fair enough, but Goodale was a NJ High School wrestling legend and had a ton of connections in the NJ wrestling community which have helped a TON with recruiting. I remember Scott Moore as a tough as nails competitor who has done a great job with LHU. Just wonder if he will be able to draw the kind of recruits that you need to compete in the Big 14

They need someone who can actually recruit out of PA and I think this guy can. 

2 minutes ago, DrStrange said:

True, he is a PA guy, so that would help, and hes a college head coach in that state. I guess you kind of changed my mind. Damn it. I hate that LOL

I mean look at Santoro. If they can get someone who has a good PA connection they can be top 10 easy. 

Just now, CoachWrestling said:

I mean look at Santoro. If they can get someone who has a good PA connection they can be top 10 easy. 

Hey Coach - Whats up with the avatar?  Where's Yianni?

3 minutes ago, portajohn said:

If I were Maryland I'd try to lure in Cary Kolat.

I'd look at Lee Pritts from ASU and I'd look at Alex Clemson at Missouri. Pritts is a hell of a recruiter and Clemson knows the Brian Smith system and that is the kind of culture change that Maryland needs.

I wonder how much of the current roster will be on the team by the end of next season?

I'd look at Lee Pritts from ASU and I'd look at Alex Clemson at Missouri. Pritts is a hell of a recruiter and Clemson knows the Brian Smith system and that is the kind of culture change that Maryland needs.
I wonder how much of the current roster will be on the team by the end of next season?
So Lee Pritts and Alex Clemson both have more name regonition than Scott Moore?

That's Strange.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just now, cjc007 said:

So Lee Pritts and Alex Clemson both have more name regonition than Scott Moore?

That's Strange.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Woah woah woah, I said thats who I'd look at. And I also agreed that Moore would be a good choice after I learned more about it.

53 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Not that I'd want him to leave Lehigh... but Brad Dillon is probably ready for a head coach position & was on Santoro's staff when Pat was at Maryland.

This is a great discussion but if the salary is 125-150k, fully funded, in the Big 10 and just south of the best 3 wrestling states then everyone's resumes have already been submitted.

If Metcalf, Hahn, Moore, and Pritzlaff have all applied (and they have), then it's down to those four and no one else.

And Varner.  Cunningham isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Boompa

Moore would be an excellent choice but I sure hope he doesn’t leave Lock Haven! They have a good thing going on now. I think he is probably using the Maryland offer to get LHU to pay him what he is worth. Hope they pony up

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

This is a great discussion but if the salary is 125-150k, fully funded, in the Big 10 and just south of the best 3 wrestling states then everyone's resumes have already been submitted.

If Metcalf, Hahn, Moore, and Pritzlaff have all applied (and they have), then it's down to those four and no one else.

And Varner.  Cunningham isn't going anywhere.

Do you really think Damion Hahn has applied after only one year at South Dakota State? I'm not saying he hasn't I just don't know. Assuming he has, do you think this first year of his with the Jackrabbits would be a strike against him? They did not have a great year.

3 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Do you really think Damion Hahn has applied after only one year at South Dakota State? I'm not saying he hasn't I just don't know. Assuming he has, do you think this first year of his with the Jackrabbits would be a strike against him? They did not have a great year.

I would be surprised if he did apply.  I dont hold this year against him, first year, graduation, injuries, transfers.....happens to almost all first year coaches.

Here's a question for you guys who know way more than I do. McCoy had decent success when Maryland was in the ACC and even this year they handled an up-and-coming George Mason program relatively easily and also defeated Rider. Do you think had they stayed in the ACC the program would have done a lot better? I mean obviously the competition would not have been as strong so would they have continued on their previous path or do you think they were destined to eventually drop off there as well? I realize it's a moot point and they have to compete against Big 10 teams and with their resources should have gotten better but I just thought it was an interesting thought.

They would do well with Moore or Kolat. Moore has achieved great results the last two NCAAs and because of that seems like a good, safe bet.

But Kolat is an extraordinary person, still has tremendous drive, and with his PA kegend background, you wonder what he could do recruiting just north of MD if he was selling a fully funded Big Ten program.