CoachWrestling

Who will Maryland hire?

48 minutes ago, iGranby said:

I will be a very sad Buckeye if Jaggers leaves. I would rather them snatch up Moore, lol. 

UMD will have a solid new fanbase, though. 

Do you think Jaggers would go? (He may; I don't know. But you, as an Ohio State fan, might know better.)

What are the positives? Negatives?

1 hour ago, RealAmericanHero said:

Do you think Jaggers would go? (He may; I don't know. But you, as an Ohio State fan, might know better.)

What are the positives? Negatives?

I think it would have to be a jackpot deal. Total admin support, great pay for him and his staff, etc. 

With it being a Big Ten School I think he would at least consider it. He has younger kids, so now would be an ideal time for them to move if they're going to. 

It would seem he's next in line at tOSU, but who knows when Ryan will be done. He's not exactly 'old'. Plus, I would imagine that if J does well at UMD he would certainly still be a front runner for that job when it opens up. 

Unless the university commits funds for improved facilities and competitive salaries for coaches, Maryland will continue to hold the bottom spot in the B1G. Maryland doesn’t have a strong tradition and I doubt an alumni is ready to donate millions like what has happened at some other schools. This being said, I would be surprised if Maryland attracted some of the coaches mentioned in this thread. 

There are only so many big ten jobs out there and the fact this is an east coast one (proximity to NJ, NY, OH. PA) makes it even more intriguing.    They are likely going to get a very good coach based on what I’m hearing.    It’ll be fun to watch the program develop with anyone of the finalists who are in the mix 

Im basically assuming that anything outside of Moore, and Pritzlaff are 'hooey'. Theres at least 1 troll on this thread stirring the pot. 

With that being said, coaching moves are one of my favorite aspects of the sport to watch. 

10 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Unless the university commits funds for improved facilities and competitive salaries for coaches, Maryland will continue to hold the bottom spot in the B1G. Maryland doesn’t have a strong tradition and I doubt an alumni is ready to donate millions like what has happened at some other schools. This being said, I would be surprised if Maryland attracted some of the coaches mentioned in this thread. 

McCoy was making $140,000. Maybe not enough for D.C.

9 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Shocked that Hudson Taylor hasn't been mentioned.  I bet he's mad nobody has until now.  

Seems like Hudson has a lot more going on in his life with his work with Athlete Ally. Great guy who I would think I has different goals and priorities right now 

3 hours ago, SalvatoreG said:

There are only so many big ten jobs out there and the fact this is an east coast one (proximity to NJ, NY, OH. PA) makes it even more intriguing.    They are likely going to get a very good coach based on what I’m hearing.    It’ll be fun to watch the program develop with anyone of the finalists who are in the mix 

The key on the fundraising side is to get the state of MD behind the program which I think is possible.

2 hours ago, dtry222 said:

Seems like Hudson has a lot more going on in his life with his work with Athlete Ally. Great guy who I would think I has different goals and priorities right now 

Hudson Taylor only cares about what makes Hudson Taylor famous/important/relevant.  His ego probably took a hit with at least not being brought up.  

9 hours ago, SalvatoreG said:

Agree...  And this could be the last B1G head coach opening for quite a while.