CoachWrestling

Who will Maryland hire?

23 hours ago, IronChef said:

This would be an insane choice. Why are so many people on this site obsessed with handing high profile coaching jobs to people with no experience?

I agree it’s a little crazy to hire someone to be head coach with zero experience, but Cael Sanderson had very little experience when he first became head coach. At some point does the risk become worth the reward? Name recognition alone can be huge for recruiting. Some say that’s the only reason Cael wins lol. Logan seems like he has a great head on his shoulders, and success principles usually transfer to any field. If he gets an assistant who is good with the admin part maybe he will be the next Cael. Not saying he would be my first choice... just playing devils advocate. If you wait until he is a proven assistant, a struggling school like Maryland won’t land him. 

Edited by Eagle26

Santoro leaving Lehigh for Maryland would just seem weird...

Don’t want to lose him, but I stated from the outset that Brad Dillon would be a good candidate. Was on Santoro’s staff at Maryland and has proven to be someone who can develop talent at the 157-197 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, DrStrange said:

I'd look at Lee Pritts from ASU and I'd look at Alex Clemson at Missouri. Pritts is a hell of a recruiter and Clemson knows the Brian Smith system and that is the kind of culture change that Maryland needs.

I wonder how much of the current roster will be on the team by the end of next season?

So do I get a badge or something for calling Clemson on April 5th, out of freaking nowhere?

2 minutes ago, DrStrange said:

So do I get a badge or something for calling Clemson on April 5th, out of freaking nowhere?

No because if the other guys who were offered the position before him took it no one would have thought of him other than you.

3 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

No because if the other guys who were offered the position before him took it no one would have thought of him other than you.

I considered all of that when I made my incredible, once in a lifetime predictive call. I do agree that I am probably the only one to really ESP this. Thats why I am a doctor. 

16 hours ago, BobDole said:

The whole Maryland job search needs to go out of the box. Coming from an esteemed colleague of mine it should be a person who will not be afraid of hard work.

Jack Kemp?