freestyle_fan

European Championships Freestyle - Interesting Updates

There is not much discussion happening in European Championships Freestyle, I thought I will post some interesting updates for those out there not following 

1. 97kg  - First off, I thought Sadulaev was not participating, remember reading some article on that. But he showed up and as expected into Finals. In Quarters match against GER guy, for few seconds GER guy had an opportunity to Pin (I really mean it) Sadulaev, but Sadulaev got escaped. It was during gut wrench sequence by Sad on GER guy, GER Guy caught Sad down on neck and bit of shoulders for a while, he attempted for pin, but couldn’t finish it.

i will post the video later.

2. 70 kg - AZE rep defeated RUS favorite Magomedrasool Gadzi Mogamedov. Seems like AZE will with GOLD, he is against mustafa kaya TUR

3.  65kg - Aliyev into Finals, defeated RUS rep Kuular in Quarters. earlier Kuular took out Kinche

1 hour ago, freestyle_fan said:

There is not much discussion happening in European Championships Freestyle, I thought I will post some interesting updates for those out there not following 

1. 97kg  - First off, I thought Sadulaev was not participating, remember reading some article on that. But he showed up and as expected into Finals. In Quarters match against GER guy, for few seconds GER guy had an opportunity to Pin (I really mean it) Sadulaev, but Sadulaev got escaped. It was during gut wrench sequence by Sad on GER guy, GER Guy caught Sad down on neck and bit of shoulders for a while, he attempted for pin, but couldn’t finish it.

i will post the video later.

2. 70 kg - AZE rep defeated RUS favorite Magomedrasool Gadzi Mogamedov. Seems like AZE will with GOLD, he is against mustafa kaya TUR

3.  65kg - Aliyev into Finals, defeated RUS rep Kuular in Quarters. earlier Kuular took out Kinche

Please do post the video

Is the problem with Kinche relating to the bump up to 65kg? Aliyev also won a medal at 57kg in 2016 only to bump up to 65kg with the weight changes, bu he hasn't struggled nearly as much as Kinche. It seems like the Georgian has hardly won a match since the weigh-in changes. 

People see a 6 second clip of Saduluev getting caught in a headlock when he was dominating the match and they make it sound like he had a chance to lose. The difference between Saduluev and the rest of the world.....he finishes......against everyone. 

What's his international record now...110-2? With his losses coming when he was a kid (16/17 year old wrestling the senior circuit) and then losing to a guy who outweighed him by 15+ pounds in the final seconds. 

Besides Saitiev he's the most complete Freestyler this world has ever seen.  

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Just wait until Nickal gets those hips in in him and pins him in 2020.

Nickal will have to acclimate to the strength of grown men at the senior circuit. 

Nickal better not ever get taken down by Saduluev.....that gut wrench ain't nothin' nice!

13 minutes ago, MrDream said:

Nickal will have to acclimate to the strength of grown men at the senior circuit. 

Nickal better not ever get taken down by Saduluev.....that gut wrench ain't nothin' nice!

Hard for Sad to gut Nickal when Nickal has him looking at the lights from his back.

I can't wait to see him help Sad up.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Hard for Sad to gut Nickal when Nickal has him looking at the lights from his back.

I can't wait to see him help Sad up.

So in 2020....Nickal will beat Snyder......and then pin Saduleuv.....interesting theory. 

1 hour ago, MrDream said:

People see a 6 second clip of Saduluev getting caught in a headlock when he was dominating the match and they make it sound like he had a chance to lose. The difference between Saduluev and the rest of the world.....he finishes......against everyone. 

What's his international record now...110-2? With his losses coming when he was a kid (16/17 year old wrestling the senior circuit) and then losing to a guy who outweighed him by 15+ pounds in the final seconds. 

Besides Saitiev he's the most complete Freestyler this world has ever seen.  

No disagreement on this..I am just sharing few interesting updates i came across..

On 4/10/2019 at 12:00 AM, wfan24 said:

Sadulaev scored on a crazy scramble in the final vs. BLR at 3:30 [took a bad shot, but then countered]. Sad moves like a wild cat

Insane move, 97kg moving like that, absolute monster

Did Naifonov/Kurugliev win at 86kg? 

On 4/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, Housebuye said:

Kinche has not looked the same for a year now

myles amine won a match! First time ever for the country he is repping

Amine won two matches wrestling at 86kg/189lbs for San Marino--including 3-2 over Georgia's Aminashvili, a European medalist last year and former world medalist. He falls 5-0 to the champ Valiev of Russia in the quarters and 6-2 to the bronze medalist Shabanau of Belarus in a repechage match.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:48 PM, MrDream said:

Elite college age wrestlers are plenty strong.

what they lack 99% of the time is world-class technique 

21 minutes ago, Katie said:

Elite college age wrestlers are plenty strong.

what they lack 99% of the time is world-class technique 

I agree they lack on technique, but I think they definitely lack strength when compared to men between the ages of 25-29 who understand functional strength.