Sign in to follow this  
Underhook

Lucas Byrd to Illinois

Just saw a post from flo saying Byrd has officially committed to Illinois. Looks like the rich (penn state) won’t be getting quite as richer in the lightweights. Good get for Illinois too. Bit of a down year for them this year so it’s good to see them still landing top recruits.

Gotta think 3 things played huge factors in this, 

1- Full ride

2- being "the guy"

3- Big Ten 

Just as well, having Delgado and IMar as coaches/training partners has to be very impactful. Im sure it 'felt' right to him, and all the other things he listed in his statement as well. Im excited to see how he does. 

10 minutes ago, iGranby said:

1- Full ride

2- being "the guy"

3- Big Ten 

Just as well, having Delgado and IMar as coaches/training partners has to be very impactful. Im sure it 'felt' right to him, and all the other things he listed in his statement as well. Im excited to see how he does. 

Is Jeremy Hunter still the little guy coach?  He was always great.  Not sure if they workout together but the Illinois RTC just got Nick Dardanes to sign with them and Zane Richards is there too...not bad company.  Great get for the Illini!

1 hour ago, JBluegill133 said:

Is Jeremy Hunter still the little guy coach?  He was always great.  Not sure if they workout together but the Illinois RTC just got Nick Dardanes to sign with them and Zane Richards is there too...not bad company.  Great get for the Illini!

Yes Hunter is still there.Plus Delgado is back in IL training.Byrd likes and has had success in Greco and IL RTC coach Medlin is a great Greco coach and IL has Max Nowry and Travis Rice who are Senior level Greco guys training at IL

3 hours ago, iGranby said:

1- Full ride

2- being "the guy"

3- Big Ten 

Those 3 things still would've been the case had he stuck with Maryland.   Might be more the rest of what you mentioned though.

14 hours ago, scribe said:

I’d like to see ficker make forums posts. 

His posts would be colorful but would not capture the full persona without the concussiveness of the in person experience.

It's not just volume of the voice; he came and sat next to me in the first row of the side seating at the Midlands once in order to watch a Terp on the and mat, apologized in advance for the ruckus, and then made the entire row shake for 7 minutes by stomping his combat boots on the wooden bleachers in perfect sync with his yelling.

22 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Those 3 things still would've been the case had he stuck with Maryland.   Might be more the rest of what you mentioned though.

Right, it's everything together. Difference at MD is/was (I am assuming here) he didnt want to be part of a rebuild, or deal with the prospect of being part of a rebuild. I do wish that he wouldve waited and seen who landed at UMD. Especially if it ends up being Jaggers or Moore. 

3 hours ago, iGranby said:

Right, it's everything together. Difference at MD is/was (I am assuming here) he didnt want to be part of a rebuild, or deal with the prospect of being part of a rebuild. I do wish that he wouldve waited and seen who landed at UMD. Especially if it ends up being Jaggers or Moore. 

So he wanted to be part of a no build, but not a rebuild?

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

So he wanted to be part of a no build, but not a rebuild?

You seem like a real bitter dude. U of I seems to be headed in the right direction with Poeta.

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

You seem like a real bitter dude. U of I seems to be headed in the right direction with Poeta.

What I meant was he wanted to be part of UMD when it was bottom of the barrel going nowhere, but now that there will be a rebuild he doesn't want to go there?  I was not referring to Illinois at all.